Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steeler's Problem???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steeler's Problem???

OK, we've sat on this board discussing things like:
    - "our defensive system sucks" Despite ranking #1
    - "we need more turnovers" - Def. true
    - "Ben is a bum and needs to be traded to Canada" - while having an MVP type season prior to injury.
    - "Mike Wallace lacks focus" - Def. true but not the problem.

I think one has to look at our OFFENSIVE RUSHING numbers to see our problems
    -Just think how much a good RUSHING offense helps the Passing Game & our Defense?? Just a thought
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    - "Ben is a bum and needs to be traded to Canada" - while having an MVP type season prior to injury.

-Just think how much a good RUSHING offense helps the Passing Game & our Defense?? Just a thought
    Our problem continues to be inconsistent offensive line play which directly effects our rushing ofense and overall offensive efficiency.

Our defensive #1 ranking is meaningless as our 8 losses should prove.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our problem continues to be inconsistent offensive line play which directly effects our rushing ofense and overall offensive efficiency.

all rankings are meaningless if you don't make the playoffs. Pats have made it to the Superbowl w/ bad defensive rankings.

BUT why let a good defense go to waste???

O-Line needs to be dominant, not just a few great players and some fill ins!!

Legend

User Info Menu

What do you think we could get out of Canada in return?

They'd probably try to give us RIM. But that's a bad deal. They may even try to throw us Pamela Anderson, but she's getting old. I'd try to hold out for Justin Bieber and see if we can get them to throw in some Poutine and Maple Syrup.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, we failed in the rushing department with a 3 back system. A back has a hard time getting into a groove unless he has 20 or more carries, it wouldn't hurt to practice in pads either, but Goodell's rules prevent that physical brand of practicing that carries on to the field on game day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What do you think we could get out of Canada in return?

They'd probably try to give us RIM. But that's a bad deal. They may even try to throw us Pamela Anderson, but she's getting old. I'd try to hold out for Justin Bieber and see if we can get them to throw in some Poutine and Maple Syrup.
    Justin Beiber is Canadian??? cool, there is still hope for America!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Yeah, we failed in the rushing department with a 3 back system. A back has a hard time getting into a groove unless he has 20 or more carries, it wouldn't hurt to practice in pads either, but Goodell's rules prevent that physical brand of practicing that carries on to the field on game day.
    As much as I liked DWYER's abilities at times I just don't think he's an every down back. He makes two 10 yard runs and he checks out of the game???
    I think next training camp the Steelers gotta pick the BEST back and go with himas their man.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The team is mentally & emotionally soft. Tomlin inherited a mentally strong vet group. As the vets have moved on, Tomlin's fingerprint is seen. He needs to get better as a coach to right this ship. Accountability is not the standard it is just talked about. You have to make them work for their goals...Not just set them. Can he do it? I believe he can. He has their respect so pushing them should challenge them not discourage them. Everyone in here has their finger pointed at someone or something but I put most of the 2012 collapse on Tomlin. The players are the extension of the head coach.

Rookie

User Info Menu

There is nothing wrong with the "runningback-by-committee" system...you simply need to use the RBs in situations where they can actually succeed...

Haley was able to do that in KC...New England is able to do that now...after a season under his belt, I think Haley will be able to better use our RBs as needed...

I just hope Tomlin gives up his outdated "workhorse RB" mentality until the Steelers get an actual workhorse-capable RB on the roster...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or, if our defense wasn't a #1 D, we'd have a lot more than 8 losses....