Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steeler's Problem???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, if our defense wasn't a #1 D, we'd have a lot more than 8 losses....
    This is a lot more like it, IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our problem continues to be inconsistent offensive line play which directly effects our rushing ofense and overall offensive efficiency.

Our defensive #1 ranking is meaningless as our 8 losses should prove.
    I agree Ovi. Until we get consistent play from our O-line we can never be the offensive powerhouse that steeler fans envision. It seems like every time they get 5 guys playing together for a few games then the injury bug strikes and we have to shuffle. That takes us back to square one and we start all over. I really don't know whether its talent, coaching or just plain bad luck that makes our offense so inconsistent. I just know I keep waiting for them to start ringing up points like a pin ball game and it never happens.

I was very disappointed with the defense at the start of the season. It seemed obvious that we didn't have the talent on the team that we normally do. I guess I didn't take into account all of the injuries we had at the start and how many players were still recovering. Hampton and Keisel were looking horrible. James was certainly not James and Troy was doing his best Duce impersonation.

Then the switch taking out Mundy and starting Will Allen. The defense started to resemble the Steelers defense of old. They were playing lights out defense. So how did this magical transition take place? Did DL suddenly remember how to coach again or was he still the drooling, bumbling, senile idiot that some claim?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

I think one has to look at our OFFENSIVE RUSHING numbers to see our problems
    -Just think how much a good RUSHING offense helps the Passing Game & our Defense?? Just a thought
    And they sucked at it. 26th rushing team in the NFL? That is pathetic. Some people need to lose their jobs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Yeah, we failed in the rushing department with a 3 back system. A back has a hard time getting into a groove unless he has 20 or more carries, it wouldn't hurt to practice in pads either, but Goodell's rules prevent that physical brand of practicing that carries on to the field on game day.
    This! No back could get in a groove! I have been noticing this ALL season!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Being -14 in turnover differential certainly WON'T help the teams rushing stats. Get rid of the free gifts they have been giving all year!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plus, I get the feeling that because the Steelers O was so inept, the other teams protected the ball more, and were less risk-taking, therefore giving an inflated rating of the #1 defense. Reminds me of the inept offenses of the late 1980's that ALSO had topped ranked D's.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Yeah, we failed in the rushing department with a 3 back system. A back has a hard time getting into a groove unless he has 20 or more carries, it wouldn't hurt to practice in pads either, but Goodell's rules prevent that physical brand of practicing that carries on to the field on game day.
    I'm no fan of Goodell, but claiming it is "his rules" that prevent more practices with pads is probably not accurate. Was it not the players' association that fought to put that provision in during the collective bargaining agreement?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    This! No back could get in a groove! I have been noticing this ALL season!
    How can backs get in a groove when they ask to come off the field every time they have 2 consecutive carries (Dwyer)?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    How can backs get in a groove when they ask to come off the field every time they have 2 consecutive carries (Dwyer)?
    Yup! Pissed me off. WTF?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Adrian Peterson rips off a 60 yarder and stays in the game.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!