Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Foote - Timmons numbers

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Foote - Timmons numbers

    Amazing how identical Foote and Timmons numbers are this year. Timmons has three interceptions, and Foote none, but their other numbers are nearly identical...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1...wrence-timmons

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3656/larry-foote

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Amazing how identical Foote and Timmons numbers are this year. Timmons has three interceptions, and Foote none, but their other numbers are nearly identical...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1...wrence-timmons

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3656/larry-foote
    Both had really good years. Foote played as well as anyone could have wanted. I still think Timmons can be better.

  3. #3
    Foote gets flack but the guy plays to the best of his ability...he has heart. Which is more than I can say for our O.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Both Timmons and Foote played well this season. I don't think the Steelers would release a productive ILB like foote until Spense can prove he is an upgrade. Lets get rid of the deadwood, not players who gave it their all this season.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    I would go so far as to say that even surrounded by all these other LBs more athletic than he is, Foote 'flashed' the most this season.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    And if the Steelers get better play from the NT next season, Foote & Timmons might be even better.

    Foote is not the problem with this football team, and SHOULD be brought back.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #7
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And if the Steelers get better play from the NT next season, Foote & Timmons might be even better.

    Foote is not the problem with this football team, and SHOULD be brought back.
    I agree 100%, I'll keep driving my opinion that we need a dominate NT, then all the rest will fall into play.

    Johnathan Jenkins round #1 >2013

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Will Spence ever get back to being normal, Heath as well, after damaging so many knee ligaments?

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I agree 100%, I'll keep driving my opinion that we need a dominate NT, then all the rest will fall into play.

    Johnathan Jenkins round #1 >2013
    Replace Jenkins with Jesse Williams and I am with you. Jenkins is NOT a dominate NT. Jesse Williams will be a stud NT in the NFL.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Foote and Timmons have very different roles in this defense. Timmons plays quite a bit in coverage on Tight Ends and his role is more varied.

    A direct comparison of stats is misleading, however I would bring Foote back. With the right hogs in front of him, he can still play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •