Thread: Who's The Spiritual Leader in the Lockeroom?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's The Spiritual Leader in the Lockeroom?

In the past, we've had some characters in the lockerroom from Joey Porter to James Farrior. Real emotional guys who knew how to get their teammates riled into a frenzy.

But what do we have now? A bunch of choirboys that are as quiet as church mice.

Heath, Troy, Deebo, Ben, Timmons, Clark, Casey, Keisel, Max, etc...they're all so mild mannered and soft spoken.

I think we need a little bit of a loose cannon in the lockerroom. Makes me wonder, is the environment fun? We don't seem to have an emotional leader on this team.

As much as I'm not really a fan of guys like Ray Lewis, every locker room needs a guy like that. Who is ours? Perhaps a unifying voice could help bring this team together.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In the past, we've had some characters in the lockerroom from Joey Porter to James Farrior. Real emotional guys who knew how to get their teammates riled into a frenzy.

But what do we have now? A bunch of choirboys that are as quiet as church mice.

Heath, Troy, Deebo, Ben, Timmons, Clark, Casey, Keisel, Max, etc...they're all so mild mannered and soft spoken.

I think we need a little bit of a loose cannon in the lockerroom. Makes me wonder, is the environment fun? We don't seem to have an emotional leader on this team.

As much as I'm not really a fan of guys like Ray Lewis, every locker room needs a guy like that. Who is ours? Perhaps a unifying voice could help bring this team together.

I wish we had taken a chance on Vontaze Burfict in the 7th round last year. He was a loose cannon but in the 7th round you can take some chances. Now the guy is starting for Cincy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    I wish we had taken a chance on Vontaze Burfict in the 7th round last year. He was a loose cannon but in the 7th round you can take some chances. Now the guy is starting for Cincy.
    I thought someone might take him in the first round. I'm surprised he didn't get drafted. Not so surprised he's playing pretty well.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need Jeff Reed back just for comic relief.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We need Jeff Reed back just for comic relief.
    He's quite busy, owner and operator of a paper towel dispensing Co.

Starter

User Info Menu

Miller leads by example, not talk. He is also a TE, so not a natural fit for leading the team. Polamalu is quiet and reflective, another guy who can't be the leader. The defense could really use somebody to step up. On offense, it has to be Ben.