Thread: Draft question.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Draft question.

Should the Steelers take a WR in the 1st? Is there one worth there pick? Keenan Allen maybe? Pro's and con's? They used to draft WR in the first. Seen this in a early mock. Had to ask.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unless it's Megatron or Randy Moss, I'd avoid a 1st round WR.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It seems everyone on here thinks we are in big trouble without Wallace. If the WR is a true 1st rd guy and not a reach should they go that way? Is a true #1 what Ben and Haley were missing this season? Santonio with Ben made some nice splash plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Steelers were drafting at the back end of round 1 I would love for them to go after Terrence Williams of Baylor. But their not so no WR's in the first round for me.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Unless it's Megatron or Randy Moss, I'd avoid a 1st round WR.
    I would add Marqise Lee to that list.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I would add Marqise Lee to that list.
    One thing we completely agree about. Unfortunately that would mean picking in the top 10 for 2014.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    One thing we completely agree about. Unfortunately that would mean picking in the top 10 for 2014.
    Yeah I dont want any of that.

What do you think of Terrence Williams? Very favorable numbers to that of Lee this year. And he didnt have Robert Woods lined up on the other side. He seemed to do more with less.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah I dont want any of that.

What do you think of Terrence Williams? Very favorable numbers to that of Lee this year. And he didnt have Robert Woods lined up on the other side. He seemed to do more with less.
    Haven't seen much of him. He's a 5th year guy right? Played across from Kendall Wright last year. Seems to always put up big numbers.

Legend

User Info Menu

with the way the offense has looked the past few years (as opposed to the defense) why the heck not, as long as its a true #1 type guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It all starts up front, you can have the best WR in the game but you need a QB that has the O-line to get him the ball.
    To answer the question....NO.
    We need a dominate NT or LG first before WR. We also need a safety as Clark & Troy are getting up there and don't forget about TE. Heath may not even start the 2013 season and he's getting up there too so TE could be a priority after the first two rounds.