Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 81

Thread: Two reasons you don't take a ILB with a high pick in round 1:

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,180
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    3-4 OLB'ers are rush ends. They are not considered pure Linebackers. They are "Tweeners". Jarvis Jones is NOT a pure linebacker. He is a pass rusher first.
    That sounds better to me than a guy who plays the run. Especially given our three year trend of decreasing sacks.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,180
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Gods Be Damned its laughable how many people think its some mythical transformation to play in the 3-4 versus the 4-3. Its a much harder transition for 3-4 OLB than it is for the 3-4 ILB.

    Totally agree about the 3-4 OLB. That is why playing the 3-4 gets you into depth issues because the conversion of college DEs to 3-4 OLB is not a for sure thing. As a matter of fact I doubt 50% are truly successful and become game changing players..
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    Dominate the LOS first, and then 'moderate' skill-level players look better. The Steelers don't dominate the LOS at the moment- get that fixed and guys like Larry Foote look pretty darn good. Guys like Jonathon Dwyer get to maximise their skill levels. Dominate the LOS, and we'll be able to run on the opposition, take time off the clck, keep the defence fresh, or take the run away, collapse the pocket, rush the QB with more success.

    if Chane Warmack, Jesse Williams or Kawaan Short are available, Chadman would be giving them long looks.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  4. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS first, and then 'moderate' skill-level players look better. The Steelers don't dominate the LOS at the moment- get that fixed and guys like Larry Foote look pretty darn good. Guys like Jonathon Dwyer get to maximise their skill levels. Dominate the LOS, and we'll be able to run on the opposition, take time off the clck, keep the defence fresh, or take the run away, collapse the pocket, rush the QB with more success.

    if Chane Warmack, Jesse Williams or Kawaan Short are available, Chadman would be giving them long looks.
    Yes to Chance Warmack. We need to get back to dominating the LOS not watching Ramon Foster getting rag dolled into the backfield by a Bumgals DT.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS first, and then 'moderate' skill-level players look better. The Steelers don't dominate the LOS at the moment- get that fixed and guys like Larry Foote look pretty darn good. Guys like Jonathon Dwyer get to maximise their skill levels. Dominate the LOS, and we'll be able to run on the opposition, take time off the clck, keep the defence fresh, or take the run away, collapse the pocket, rush the QB with more success.

    if Chane Warmack, Jesse Williams or Kawaan Short are available, Chadman would be giving them long looks.
    Yes on Warmack and Williams, no on Short.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    One LB that is interesting touch adman is Stanford's Chase Thomas- a smart LB that could be a useful 'switch' LB- either an ILB or OLB, depending on need. Right now, the Steelers don't know what they have in OLB Worilds or ILB Spence. Adding a guy like Thomas covers both spots.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  7. #47
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Gods Be Damned its laughable how many people think its some mythical transformation to play in the 3-4 versus the 4-3. Its a much harder transition for 3-4 OLB than it is for the 3-4 ILB.
    BigRob - We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

    I played at OLB in a 3-4 and I personally think ILB in a 3-4 is a more difficult position to master.

  8. #48
    Backup tiproast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not an English major here. Maybe I should have said If Teo is available when we pick in the first round....

    I heard Cedrick Wilson's looking for some smart people to help him pass some teaching tests.
    I don't think that knowing the meaning of a two-letter word qualifies me as an English major.

    (But maybe it does, in Pittsburgh. )
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes to Chance Warmack. We need to get back to dominating the LOS not watching Ramon Foster getting rag dolled into the backfield by a Bumgals DT.
    it never ends with you and foster. Its always this guys fault.

    never mind him being out of position and the other two interior OL getting manhandled as well.

    lets say we draft another OG in the 1st round and by some miracle they all turn into the probowlers you seem to think we need at every position along the OL. What then when their contracts come up? Tie up 25 million dollars into three spots in the middle of the field in a league where everything is going to more spread formations?

    I'm not sure I see value in that.

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I don't think that knowing the meaning of a two-letter word qualifies me as an English major.

    (But maybe it does, in Pittsburgh. )
    Everyone seems brilliant when you have a 2 number IQ.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •