Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Cap will be 121 Million dollars

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    Cap will be 121 Million dollars

    Ouch. It will maybe be about 400,000 more than last year.

    This team has major cap problems.

    How would you solve them?

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,666
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ouch. It will maybe be about 400,000 more than last year.

    This team has major cap problems.

    How would you solve them?
    Which is why Mr. Wallace will be elsewhere! Not a surprise which is why he likely passed on the only $8M contract available for a WR.
    1.25 DT Vernon Butler, La Tech, 6’4” 323
    2.58 CB Artie Burns, Miami, 5’11” 189
    3.89 OLB, Alex McCalister, Florida, 6’6” 240-Jarvis Jones’ replacement
    4.123 S Jayron Kearse, Clemson, 6’4 216-hybrid type we could use in 3-3-5 defense
    6.220 OT Stephane Nembot, 6’7” 322-raw talent with ton of upside
    7.229 CB Brian Poole, Florida, 5’10” 210
    7.246 WR/KR Ed Eagan, Northwestern State, 5’ 10” 185-need WR depth and returner

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,952
    Based on 2012 performance, there are plenty of players that should take a pay cut.... starting with Woodley, then Ben Roethlisberger, and Willie Colon. Mendenhall should not be offered any more than top 15 pay. Harrison and Troy should consider restructures. Hampton should not be on the roster unless it is vet minimum.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Which is why Mr. Wallace will be elsewhere! Not a surprise which is why he likely passed on the only $8M contract available for a WR.
    Yep, the Steelers will be 29 million dollars over the cap. Here is a list of the Unrestricted FA for the Steelers:

    Will Allen
    Baron Batch
    Charlie Batch
    Plaxico Burress
    Larry Foote
    Ramon Foster
    Casey Hampton
    Brandon Johnson
    Justin King
    Byron Leftwich
    Doug Legursky
    Keenan Lewis
    Ryan Mundy
    Leonard Pope
    Mike Wallace
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Max Starks
    Greg Warren
    Al Woods

    Restricted FA:

    Jonathan Dwyer
    Steve Mclendon
    Isaac Redman
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Stevenson Sylvestor
    Josh Victorian


  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yep, the Steelers will be 29 million dollars over the cap. Here is a list of the Unrestricted FA for the Steelers:

    Will Allen
    Baron Batch
    Charlie Batch
    Plaxico Burress
    Larry Foote
    Ramon Foster
    Casey Hampton
    Brandon Johnson
    Justin King
    Byron Leftwich
    Doug Legursky
    Keenan Lewis
    Ryan Mundy
    Leonard Pope
    Mike Wallace
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Max Starks
    Greg Warren
    Al Woods

    Restricted FA:

    Jonathan Dwyer
    Steve Mclendon
    Isaac Redman
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Stevenson Sylvestor
    Josh Victorian
    Of the URFA, I would only try to sign Keenan Lewis (A MUST), Max Starks, and maybe Will Allen.

    On the Restricted FA's. What do you tender them at? They add to the cap figure because they are one year tenders. Do you sign any of them to long term deals?

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,233
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Based on 2012 performance, there are plenty of players that should take a pay cut.... starting with Woodley, then Ben Roethlisberger, and Willie Colon. Mendenhall should not be offered any more than top 15 pay. Harrison and Troy should consider restructures. Hampton should not be on the roster unless it is vet minimum.
    Roethlisberger deserves a pay cut? Seriously? Do you realize what they pay top QB's in this league now? His 8 year, $102 million contract is more than reasonable.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Roethlisberger deserves a pay cut? Seriously? Do you realize what they pay top QB's in this league now? His 8 year, $102 million contract is more than reasonable.
    We actually need to look into doing a true extension and reducing his cap hit that way instead of just restructuring.

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,233
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    We actually need to look into doing a true extension and reducing his cap hit that way instead of just restructuring.
    That would be fine by me.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,724
    I'd try to work out deals with the following.

    Will Allen
    Baron Batch
    Plaxico Burress
    Larry Foote
    Ramon Foster
    Casey Hampton
    Keenan Lewis
    Mike Wallace
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Max Starks
    Jonathan Dwyer
    Steve Mclendon
    Isaac Redman
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Josh Victorian

    The big question is who can save us some money?

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd try to work out deals with the following.

    Will Allen
    Baron Batch
    Plaxico Burress
    Larry Foote
    Ramon Foster
    Casey Hampton
    Keenan Lewis
    Mike Wallace
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Max Starks
    Jonathan Dwyer
    Steve Mclendon
    Isaac Redman
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Josh Victorian

    The big question is who can save us some money?
    The savings have to come from vet restructures and cuts.

    Here are the top 20 paid Steelers:


    1 Ben Roethlisberger $9,895,000
    2 Troy Polamalu $9,137,500
    3 James Harrison $9,030,000
    4 Heath Miller $7,070,500
    5 Casey Hampton $4,966,667
    6 LaMarr Woodley $4,940,000
    7 Brett Keisel $4,500,000
    8 Ike Taylor $4,279,166
    9 Ryan Clark $4,250,000
    10 Lawrence Timmons $3,985,000
    11 Larry Foote $3,600,000
    12 Rashard Mendenhall $3,427,500
    13 Willie Colon $2,850,000
    14 Mike Wallace $2,742,000
    15 Antonio Brown $2,264,358
    16 Maurkice Pouncey $2,166,750
    17 Ziggy Hood $1,743,535
    18 Shaun Suisham $1,687,500
    19 Will Allen $1,605,000
    20 Cameron Heyward $1,523,870

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •