Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cap will be 121 Million dollars

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty sure we could cut loose most of the players mentioned and still miss the playoffs...

Seriously...
    Hampton, Colon and Woodley -- dead weight
    Polamalu, Harrison, Keisel, Foote -- too expensive for what we can get out of them from here on out
    Wallace and Mendenhall -- too much baggage at this point
    Starks -- best OL player we had this season, try to re-sign
    Lewis -- promising, try to re-sign
    Foster --I'd like to re-sign

I realize cap implications make it unlikely to cut some of the dead weight. We'll probably end up keeping some of the aging and/or underperforming big-salaried
    players, and cutting some of the more productive/promising players. Get ready for another year of frustration.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "With the Steelers projected to be around $12 million over the salary cap at year‘s end, they could have a hard time justifying handing out big money to veterans such as Hampton and Starks." - this was posted in an article in the Pgh tribune yesterder, 12/26/12. What's the story with the cap number? Is it 12 million or is it really going to be well over $20? Is this really that hard to figure out or is the Trib just using a number that's been thrown around w/o doing any research and the $20 + number is a lot more realistic?
    Hampton isn't justified. Starks is. Starks is the only OL to play every game and he was the overall best performer at the hardest OL position. It would be foolish to let him leave.

What I have read in other places the $20M is the more realistic number because I think they factor in anticipated tenders for RFAs which for the most part we will tender.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hampton isn't justified. Starks is. Starks is the only OL to play every game and he was the overall best performer at the hardest OL position. It would be foolish to let him leave.

What I have read in other places the $20M is the more realistic number because I think they factor in anticipated tenders for RFAs which for the most part we will tender.
    Too many unknowns at the tackle position not to re-sign him.