Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers’ Hampton, Starks not ready to hang it up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Two times Kaboley mentions Hampton being in the middle of one of his better or prodcutive seasons. What is he talking about? He has 11 tackles and 14 assists and 0 sacks. He has 7 seasons with more tackles than that and 7 with more sacks. How is this some sort of stellar year for him?
    Casey told him to write it?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Casey told him to write it?
    Brilliant!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And, In the first round of the 2013 draft, the Steelers select Johnathan Jenkins NT from the university of Georgia.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jenkins would be good. Jesse Williams too.

Chadman keeps casting his eye of Kewaan Short from Purdue though...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Administrator

User Info Menu

Two times Kaboley mentions Hampton being in the middle of one of his better or prodcutive seasons. What is he talking about? He has 11 tackles and 14 assists and 0 sacks. He has 7 seasons with more tackles than that and 7 with more sacks. How is this some sort of stellar year for him?
    Kaboley is an absolute joke. He tries to act like he has "insider" information which he doesn't.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think Hampton was completely healthy until about the 8th or 9th game and that coincided with the defense really picking it up. I'm not saying Hampton was great this year, but the last 7 or 8 games he has been more than serviceable as a two down NT.

Just my opinion on Casey and I'd keep him if he's willing to play at vet minimum or just above.

Starks needs to stay or you can kiss Ben goodbye whether you like Ben or not; with Adams or Gilbert on the left side Ben won't make it through 5 games before he's done for the year.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Casey did something that would uncharacteristic for him, which is make a commitment to getting himself into the best shape of his life; there might be a spot for him. But I don't think he will. I'll kind of miss him, but I think he will be gone. Starks definitely has been a very steady presence on the line. He should be retained. He is the smartest O-line player they have. He is not old for that position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't think Hampton was completely healthy until about the 8th or 9th game and that coincided with the defense really picking it up. I'm not saying Hampton was great this year, but the last 7 or 8 games he has been more than serviceable as a two down NT.

Just my opinion on Casey and I'd keep him if he's willing to play at vet minimum or just above.

Starks needs to stay or you can kiss Ben goodbye whether you like Ben or not; with Adams or Gilbert on the left side Ben won't make it through 5 games before he's done for the year.

Pappy
    Dead-on Pap!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Hampton should not be resigned. Unless its for vet minimum. I'd rather take my chances on a hungry McClendon. Not sure why we didn't see him more often this year.

You didn't hear much from Starks this year, which as a LT, is the best thing you can hope for. Great year for him.