Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition to Boycott Steelers for Remainder of 2012

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, IF I had tickets that I bought for good $, I'D GO TO THE GAME. Now we're seeing who truly are those that have jumped on the bandwagon along the way and those who ARE REAL STILLER FANS. What a lousy thread, sorry I stumbled onto it.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone not using a ticket to the game this weekend please let me know I'll try to get to Pittsburgh some how

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm a girl who was born and raised in Pittsburgh, and the Steelers will always be my team. Win or lose, I am a fan for life!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't have a ticket but if I did I would go. I will certainly be watching. Was it a good season? Far from it. But you truly are a spoiled fan to whine about missing the playoffs when we won 2 Superbowls and appeared in another in the last 7 years. There are a handful of teams in MLB that spend twice as much as every other team in a broken garbage league and they don't win championships at that pace.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wasn't serious with this thread, but the reactions got me thinking - are there any other consumer products or services where the consumer is unable to vote with his dollars?

With every other product or service, many of us spend our hard earned dollars carefully on products that deliver great value. But with sports, we have no guarantees of satisfaction. It's purely entertainment. It's an escape. A guilty pleasure. But I've heard many folks say our team and offense at times has been frustrating and not even entertaining.

I'm pretty sure I've got an addiction here. I'm addicted to the nostalgia of all things Pittsburgh. I'm addicted to a better time - a bygone era. And part of the fun is cheering and overreacting and not caring about anything.

If we are spoiled, who's fault is it? The Steelers. They set the bar high. If you're gonna do that you've gotta keep delivering. It's like giving your wife a great present on your first anniversary. You've always gotta keep topping yourself. It's a never ending cycle. 6 Lombardis will do that to a fan base.

I the end, don't the most loyal as well as the biggest bandwagon fans deserve the best product. And if you'd be a fan no matter what, what if the Rooney's spent way under the cap like the Pirates do and fielded a non competitive team and lined their pockets with greater earnings? That's just an example. But Im sure there's a line for everyone. This is coming from someone who's still a Pirates fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Worst. Idea. Ever.

They had a bad season....get over it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Flippy, I get your point, I am not going mainly because i live in Ca., but I will be watching for I will not get to see another game of Steeler football till next August. Man when the game ended last weekend I sure had and have this empty feeling knowing I have no more games after this week. I guess I will watch the Seahawks since Bobby Wagner attended the Hs. I teach at, great kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Flippy, I get your point, I am not going mainly because i live in Ca., but I will be watching for I will not get to see another game of Steeler football till next August. Man when the game ended last weekend I sure had and have this empty feeling knowing I have no more games after this week. I guess I will watch the Seahawks since Bobby Wagner attended the Hs. I teach at, great kid.
    I live in NC and won't be in Pittsburgh which was half the reason for the thread.