Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition to Boycott Steelers for Remainder of 2012

Legend

User Info Menu

Petition to Boycott Steelers for Remainder of 2012

Who's with me? I'm boycotting the game on Sunday. I'll watch it on tv, but no way am I making a trip to Heinz Field.

How cool would it be for Steelers fans to show their displeasure by no one going to the game on Sunday?

Let's go Steeler Nation. Give up on this team for the remainder of this year like they have given up on us.

Or if you do decide to go to them game, how bout everyone wear brown and orange and support the Brownies? I wouldn't do that either, but I won't be there.

Ugh! What a frustrating week.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Great idea, Flip!

Legend

User Info Menu

i agree. send a message to the rooneys that we arent happy with the crap thats on the field and we wont spend our money watching them. hell, i wont even waste my time watching on tv

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree. send a message to the rooneys that we arent happy with the crap thats on the field and we wont spend our money watching them. hell, i wont even waste my time watching on tv

You just raised the stakes and took it to a level I couldn't. Good for you. I'm still a sucker that will be watching from my couch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not showing up or watching games after our team gets eliminated from playoff contention? Talk about a spoiled fanbase.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Not showing up or watching games after our team gets eliminated from playoff contention? Talk about a spoiled fanbase.
    Agreed. Injuries, spotty play and did I mention injuries? I know it's hard to use the "injury" excuse and I've certainly been preaching it the last few weeks when I do actually post. However you can't look at this season and deny that hellstorm. It was one thing after another all year long. We're lucky to be 7-8 with the potential to be 8-8 but now it's gotta be someones fault not just an unfortunate season. Steeler nation is spoiled rotten and the show a lot of you are putting on in the wake of a crap season is a prime example of the stink that follows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think that's sorta all fan bases. When teams are winning, tickets are more expensive. When they're losing, no one goes to games.

I remember going to Carolina Hurricanes games when they first move the team to NC because I love live hockey and you could get in for $5 and sit next to the glass. They'd run specials - 2 tix for $5 all the time. And no one showed up. OK, some did, but I'd bet some of the games had less fans than a Harlem Globetrotters game in the same arena.

Fast forward a couple years and the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. All of a sudden, every person in NC was a Hurricane's fan. And all of a sudden game were sold out. Ticket prices went up. And hockey became a real sport here for a few years. I stopped going unless the Penguins were playing here. I now go see the Fayetteville Fire Antz from time to time to get my hockey fix (minor league) where you can be right up in the action for $10.

But it seems all sports ebb and flow based on winning.

I like preseason football. And that's how I view this next game. If you like preseason, you'll likely enjoy the Steelers/Browns. Most of the games I've been to, not many folks were really interested in these games.

Guess it's the same reason folks get louder and crazier and more into playoff games vs regular season games?

It'd be cool if the NFL decided to let in another 1-2 teams into the playoffs this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the ROONEY's already know the fan base isn't happy. They know STEELER fans. I guess the message needs to be sent to TOMLIN just to keep him in check. He's still kind of a "newbie"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[URL="http://imgur.com/AIBqC"][/URL]
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sorry but I won't use injuries as a scapegoat for us not making the playoffs.

Ben. Turnovers. Poor execution. Penalties. Poor coaching.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.