Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's First Losing Record?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

might as well take the higher draft picks at this point.

If you aint winning, you're losing. And when all that matters is the Super Bowl, this season is now officially a loss. How bad doesn't matter any more.

Legend

User Info Menu

we will finish at 8-8.

there is no way we lose to the Brownies at home and let them sweep us for the season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we will finish at 8-8.

there is no way we lose to the Brownies at home and let them sweep us for the season.
    In a weird way, I'd like to see us finish 7-9. I don't want to lose to the Browns, but I think there will be more pressure/accountability going into next year if we have a losing record.

I hope to see some young guys step up this week for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In a weird way, I'd like to see us finish 7-9. I don't want to lose to the Browns, but I think there will be more pressure/accountability going into next year if we have a losing record.

I hope to see some young guys step up this week for sure.
    I'd like to see the Steelers win 55-0 with Ben throwing 5 TD's (3 to Mike Wallace) and Mendy rushing for 200 yards. I think some people's head's might pop!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'd like to see the Steelers win 55-0 with Ben throwing 5 TD's (3 to Mike Wallace) and Mendy rushing for 200 yards. I think some people's head's might pop!

Like that old movie, "Scanners".

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Roster: Ike Taylor, Heath Miller and Baron Batch placed on injured reserve

By SteelCityRoller on Dec 27

Despite the appearance of an inconsequential contest, the Steelers begin preparations for their final game by ending the seasons of three players.

debate has blossomed over whether the Steelers should play for the win against the Cleveland Browns in week 17, or to evaluate talent. Judging by their roster moves on Wednesday, the Steelers intend to do both.

With no playoff implications for either team, the Steelers could have simply deactivated their most injured men, and limped through the contest. The offseason awaits them once the final second ticks off the clock. However, the Steelers have no intention of throwing in the towel, and took the necessary steps to insure a healthy active roster.

Heath Miller, who sustained severe injuries to the ligaments in his knee, will not return to team functions until sometime in 2013. Miller was placed on injured reserve.

Ike Taylor broke his ankle in week 13, and wore a protective boot until recently. Despite the optimism surrounding Taylor's health while playoff hopes were still alive, Taylor's participation against the Browns will not resuscitate the team's post-season dreams. Instead of risking further injury, Taylor was also placed on injured reserve.

Baron Batch broke his arm this past Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. He underwent corrective surgery on Monday, and will not be able to play against the Browns. Batch became the third player to be placed on injured reserve.

With three empty spots to fill, the Steelers promoted three other players from the practice squad: linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, and tight end Jamie McCoy. All three players will most likely be expected to contribute on special teams, but each might find playing time at their skill positions as well.

Depending on the flow of the game, Cromartie-Smith could find time in the secondary spelling Troy Polamalu who has been playing through recovery from a calf issue that forced him to miss most of the season. McFadden could find snaps at inside linebacker, in place of either Lawrence Timmons or Larry Foote. Foote is not under contract next season, and McFadden could be seen as a possible future option at the interior spots, at least as depth. McCoy stands the best chance of seeing the field, as he will be the third tight end on the depth chart behind David Paulson and Leonard Pope.

To fill out their practice squad, the Steelers signed DB Walter McFadden and WR Bert Reed.

While the Steelers still claim they will play to win the game, their effort to get healthy unproven players on the roster in time for game preparation suggests they will also be evaluating prospects for 2013.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/12/27/3805292/steelers-roster-injury-report-reserve--transactions-Miller-Batch-Taylor[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gerry Dulac gave up on the Steelers with his prediction, I didn't. We smash Cleveland on Sunday. It won't take the disappointment away from this unforgettable season, but it will seem like a milestone considering the season we had.

Make us proud Steelers....for one game!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Gerry Dulac gave up on the Steelers with his prediction, I didn't. We smash Cleveland on Sunday. It won't take the disappointment away from this unforgettable season, but it will seem like a milestone considering the season we had.

Make us proud Steelers....for one game!
    I hope we crush the Browns, but after watching this season, what gives you any idea that this team will now come out motivated to win a meaningless game? With a chance at the div they couldn't beat the 4-8 Chargers at home, with a playoff berth at stake, they couldn't beat the Bengals at home. Unfortunately, I think the Browns will be more fired up to sweep the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Thats what I'm talking about................WIN BIG!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Browns will be starting a no-name QB in the game. If the Steelers lose, it will be an epic exclamation on this disappointing season.