Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you think this offense is terrible now...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you think this offense is terrible now...

Just wait until many of you get your Wallace/ Mendenhall wish. With this dink and donk offense, I can see every defense sitting all on this short passing game with Brown, Sanders and Dwyer as your replacements.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Just wait until many of you get your Wallace/ Mendenhall wish. With this dink and donk offense, I can see every defense sitting all on this short passing game with Brown, Sanders and Dwyer as your replacements.
    Brown looked pretty good running for a 60 yard TD pass last week. Like many have said it is about performing the assigned roles and routes. Wallace has gotten 95% of the "go routes" and when gone someone else will step into that role to stretch the field.

I for one still want Mendenhall but replacing a RB isn't hard in the mid rounds.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes getting rid of distractions actually has positive results, and maybe gives someone else an unexpected opportunity to shine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope you guys are correct, but I have a bad feeling unless the draft is good for us on offense.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

It will hard to be much worse of an offense next year....

Legend

User Info Menu

Give me a better OLine and a better Ben and the offense will look better. WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen unless you find an AP or Megatron, any one will do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Give me a better OLine and a better Ben and the offense will look better. WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen unless you find an AP or Megatron, any one will do.
    Agreed flippy.

While some fans are ripping away at the skill positions, it is the lines (O and D) that have fallen far short of expectations.

Football Outsiders ranks the Steelers OL 28th in the NFL in adjusted line yards!! and the DL is average (based on performance, not talent, I don't disagree). Before the season started, many pointed to the OL as the key to offensive success and felt all would be well with the draft picks added (without them, it would be more of the same). The fact that the OL draft picks contributed very little this season, it should not surprise anyone that the unit struggled like they did. The horrible running game was just a symptom of what ails the offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

oh no, if they leave who's going to drop all those passes, quit on plays and fumble?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agreed flippy.

While some fans are ripping away at the skill positions, it is the lines (O and D) that have fallen far short of expectations.

Football Outsiders ranks the Steelers OL 28th in the NFL in adjusted line yards!! and the DL is average (based on performance, not talent, I don't disagree). Before the season started, many pointed to the OL as the key to offensive success and felt all would be well with the draft picks added (without them, it would be more of the same). The fact that the OL draft picks contributed very little this season, it should not surprise anyone that the unit struggled like they did. The horrible running game was just a symptom of what ails the offense.
    That is why if we can get another dominant OG like Chance Warmack in round 1 we should not pass on him. Same with getting a great DT like Jonathan Jenkins out of Georgia. We will never get more consistency from the ofense until we fix the OL and we won't get pressure on the QB until we get DL who can attack more and are more disruptive. Our OLBs can't do it anymore.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I personally don't think either one are going anywhere. Especially Mendenhall as he's going to come a lot cheaper than Wallace.