Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Tomlin vs Cowher

  1. #51
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You mean the one who had an injury so bad it could have killed him? That one? Elway, Favre, Montana have had down years. And let's not forget the monkey sex play calling Ben had to try to win with. That FAIL rush/bubble screen 1st and 2nd down with obvious throwing on 3rd down is a real winner.
    Ahh, phuck, don't tell me you buy into that Drama Queen bull****.

  2. #52
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Ding, ding, ding, ding. Exactly.
    And Cowher didn't do ****e, until he had Roethlisberger. So what the phuck, go suck a duck.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Exactly my point. We were in the depths of suckatude when Cowher took over Noll's players. He turned things around and sat us back upright.
    Bull. Cowher inherited talent on par with what Tomlin inherited. Hall of Famer Rod Woodson. Greg Lloyd. Carnell Lake. Eric Green. Barry Foster. Hall of Famer Dermontti Dawson.

    Just because Emperor Chaz didn't do a great job his last year doesn't the cupboard was bare....

  4. #54
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    And Cowher didn't do ****e, until he had Roethlisberger. So what the phuck, go suck a duck.
    BC won a lot before Ben, just never a ring, but did get us there with the game-throwing O'Donnell. We will see if Tomlin can out do what BC did after the next 10 years.

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BC won a lot before Ben, just never a ring, but did get us there with the game-throwing O'Donnell. We will see if Tomlin can out do what BC did after the next 10 years.
    Things have already started pretty damned well for him, despite your hate.
    Last edited by BigRob; 12-27-2012 at 07:37 PM.

  6. #56
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    I was a huge Cowher fan but his obvious flaw was the QB position. If the Steelers/Cowher would have been more persistent with filling the QB position with someone more consistent, Cowher would have had multiple rings.

  7. #57
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I was a huge Cowher fan but his obvious flaw was the QB position. If the Steelers/Cowher would have been more persistent with filling the QB position with someone more consistent, Cowher would have had multiple rings.
    Cowher didn't think you needed an elite QB. Cost him big time.

  8. #58
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BC won a lot before Ben, just never a ring, but did get us there with the game-throwing O'Donnell. We will see if Tomlin can out do what BC did after the next 10 years.
    People also seem to forget that Cowher missed the playoffs as much as he made it the last 10 years of his career.

    Made it in: 1997,2001,2002,2004,2005

    Missed it in: 1998,1999,2000,2003,2006

  9. #59
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    People also seem to forget that Cowher missed the playoffs as much as he made it the last 10 years of his career.

    Made it in: 1997,2001,2002,2004,2005

    Missed it in: 1998,1999,2000,2003,2006
    You can't win against these anti Tomlin haters, when all Cowher did was choke away AFC CG. San Di freaking ego of all teams. His penchant for playing not to lose lost him more than he won when it counted.

  10. #60
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BC won a lot before Ben, just never a ring, but did get us there with the game-throwing O'Donnell. We will see if Tomlin can out do what BC did after the next 10 years.
    BC was outcoached alot in the games that mattered the most. He became a self absorbed attention whore the longer he was here. It became more and more about him and less about the players and the team.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •