Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin vs Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Not considering the injuries, the Steelers talent is on par with all the teams in the league. It's not that the Steelers have all the talent and the other teams are trotting out scrubs. According to many fans complaints on a weekly basis this team really isn't heavily talented. Coaches can't help teams win games if players make mistakes on the field. Players are responsible for giving or taking the ball away. When the QB plays like a 3rd string QB then it's obvious the team is going to struggle offensively. Gotta be able to score points to win games.

Legend

User Info Menu

These stats don't look so good for Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with you flippy... but the penalties need to be put in perspective. We have a lot of unnecessarry roughness bull#%## flags. The last 2 years show how bad our ball control has been...

Gotta blame young money and Ben for most of our TO's.... and remember, we had 8 TO's in one game. It wasn't our year thus year but I don't think its a problem that can't be fixed. If we have another penalty, TO fest next year then Tomlin should be on the hot seat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like Mike Tomlin pulled on the Steeler Nation what Barack Obama did on the entire Nation???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just think out of those STATS. Cowher did that without a Franchise QB for the most part.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And the decision to release Saunders over Pope and Paulson was also horrible.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Looks like Mike Tomlin pulled on the Steeler Nation what Barack Obama did on the entire Nation???
    And we've become as ridiculous as Fox News on this board

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And we've become as ridiculous as Fox News on this board
    I agree it's ridiculous. But coming from this poster doesn't surprise me. I put him on my ignore list long ago for following like a dog in heat, the only reason I saw this post is because you quoted what he had to say and yet he still follow me like a dog ,although everything he say is highlighted in yellow and therefore I can't read what he post.
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 12-26-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The Steelers could help Tomlin out here, by suggesting they may hire someone far less competent like Haley. Steeler fans will fall in love with Tomlin all over. We wont go off the SuperBowl cliff. And we'll get some catchy slogan like Onward.

Find Tomlin his Romney, or as Joey Porter would say, his Huckleberry.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Wish i could claim this...but sent to me by Dutch.

"Well coached" teams don't beat themselves. They also force their opponents into mistakes of their own.

Cowher's turnover differential since 1992

1992 +11
    93 +11
    94 +14
    95 0
    96 +7
    97 +1
    98 -3
    99 +3
    00 +12
    01 +7
    02 0
    03 -3
    04 +11
    05 +7
    06 -8
    Cowher +70 (+44 first 6 years)

Now lets take a look at Tomlin's heavily talented football team.

Tomlin's turnover differential since 2007
    07 +3
    08 +4
    09 -3
    10 +17
    11 -13
    12 -14
    Tomlin -6

Belichick's turnover differential since 2002
    02 +5
    03 +17
    04 +9
    05 -5
    06 +5
    07 +16
    08 +1
    09 +6
    10 +28
    11 +17
    12 +22
    Belichick +121 in turnover differential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Tomlin's team ranking in penalty yards per game!

12 #25
    11 #22
    10 #25
    09 #16
    08 #29
    07 #7
    Average ranking in penalty yards per game under Tomlin = 20th worst

Cowher's penalty yards per game
    06 #5
    05 #8
    04 #5
    ---------------------------------

Tomlin's teams 82 more penalties since 2007 than Belichick's teams.
    Wow...it's like MSM posting here, but without all the douchebaggery. I can't believe it's not butter!

Tell your boy Wydo to correlate the number of rushing attempts with the turnover ratio. Isn't he the one who is always hating on the Yinzer Nation for their affinity towards the run? Look at '95 with O'Donnell; the Maddox years of '02 & '03, or when Ben started chucking it all over the place; then compare that to the years where we featured Barry Foster and the Bus. You throw more and you get more picks (unless you are Tom Brady, as MSG so adroitly pointed out).

Another contributing factor that I immediately recognize is the pass rush. Quite a few of those positive seasons came with Greene & Lloyd, Porter & Gildon, or Harrison & Woodley rushing the quarterback. The past 2 seasons, when either Woodley or Harrison was MIA, our pass rush and TO margin have been particularly shameful.

Where are the penalty yards for Belichick? Maybe the increase in penalties has something to do with the emphasis on player safety and us being the poster children for violating that movement?

Maybe it actually is a sign that Tomlin is a horrible coach?

Maybe it is also a sign of the collapse of the Steeler Nation as predicted by the Ancient Mayans?

Maybe it's just Wydo trying to use any stats he can to twist and support his own agenda. I wonder if he's ever done that before?

Thanks for posting Smartmonies' thoughts and breaking me out of my Steeler-induced catatonic state Shawn...you're the best!