Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This could be what the Jerome Bettis trade was for the Steelers...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DWYER would be a beast if he was conditioned right.

Adrian Peterson can run for 60 yards and stay in the game. Dwyer runs for 15 and asks for a breather!!
    I want a RB who cries when he has to come out of the game!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Pierre Thomas in a lead role for the Steelers. I know he's 28, but he could hold us over for a few years & allow us to use the draft to focus on other needs (CB, ILB).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    DWYER would be a beast if he was conditioned right.

Adrian Peterson can run for 60 yards and stay in the game. Dwyer runs for 15 and asks for a breather!!
    I want a RB who cries when he has to come out of the game!!
    You're right on one point: AP and JD are worlds apart in terms of their toughness. As for conditioning, JD's conditioning will never be better than it was this year: job was open for him (so he should have plenty of motivation), he should be young and hungry to prove himself (as opposed to an established guy, with more financial security), etc.

The guy is what he is: a big, physical, dangerous RB who is fine in a platoon role. I believe we are fine at RB for '13, with him, Redman, and Rainey (I'm expecting good improvement from Rainey). Even can include Batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have had my eye on this for a while. Beanie could be a good addition, if the price is right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I have had my eye on this for a while. Beanie could be a good addition, if the price is right.
    I agree. A change of scenery could do him wonders.