Thread: Troy Polamalu on Sunday

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy Polamalu on Sunday

OK, everyone's been whining about Ben, Haley, etc etc.

BUT what about the performace from Troy???|

- "Legal" missle strike on AJ Green down the sideline from Centerfield.
    - Shooting the gap on a run, timing the snap perfectly and getting BJGE for a loss.
    - Coming w/ his man in motion, TE sets up in Pass Pro, Troy decides to shoot the A gap and sack Andy Dalton.

I'm really HOPING he has a great offseason b/c I must say....Sometimes it's just not the same w/out watching Troy do those things.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OK, everyone's been whining about Ben, Haley, etc etc.

BUT what about the performace from Troy???|

- "Legal" missle strike on AJ Green down the sideline from Centerfield.
    - Shooting the gap on a run, timing the snap perfectly and getting BJGE for a loss.
    - Coming w/ his man in motion, TE sets up in Pass Pro, Troy decides to shoot the A gap and sack Andy Dalton.

I'm really HOPING he has a great offseason b/c I must say....Sometimes it's just not the same w/out watching Troy do those things.
    Injuries to players with quick twitch muscles like Polamalu's have an effect that can't be measured until you see him play at 100% health. Dalton is fortunate that he didn't make more big plays, because it didn't appear that he was accounting for Polamalu on every play. I think he got away with a few plays during the game.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Injuries to players with quick twitch muscles like Polamalu's have an effect that can't be measured until you see him play at 100% health. Dalton is fortunate that he didn't make more big plays, because it didn't appear that he was accounting for Polamalu on every play. I think he got away with a few plays during the game.

Pappy
    Totally agree ... guys like HINES had progressive careers b/c he never relied on speed or explosion.

Good thing for TROY is he's often 1 step ahead before the ball is snapped. But it also doesn't mean that b/c of his age he will automatically slow down. Could be a "freak" injury. That's what I'm hoping for.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!