Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hope Haley Stays....

Rookie

User Info Menu

I Hope Haley Stays....

...presuming that he does not get a head coaching job at someplace like Arizona (if that position even becomes available)....

Arians' offense started out great and then worked its way to the middle of the pack. Haley's offense is starting in the middle of the pack and can, at least, work its way up...

If Haley does go, I would like to see Tomlin promote QB coach Randy Fichtner to OC and hiring a QB coach that will actually coach Ben Roethlisberger and challenge him to get better...someone like Rip Scherer, who was a successful NFL QB coach (Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl with Scherer as his position coach!!!!!)...also, Scherer gave Tomlin one of his first coaching jobs....

But, if Haley stays, I think it will force Ben to mature...he's not going to want to be the reason that the Steelers miss the playoffs again....

Backup

User Info Menu

You and I can only hope on both counts, both Haley staying and Ben becoming a man.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't , the last 6 games was run run pass punt offense. Please rid this man of his duties.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A run run pass offense with one of the bottom teams in the league in rushing YPG.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I don't , the last 6 games was run run pass punt offense. Please rid this man of his duties.
    Firing guys you hire one year after hiring them is something that loser clubs do... being reactionary. You have to look beyond, and see the bigger picture. Ben was having a great year until he got hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Firing guys you hire one year after hiring them is something that loser clubs do... being reactionary. You have to look beyond, and see the bigger picture. Ben was having a great year until he got hurt.
    Well said. Everyone wants to forget Ben was having an MVP season until the OL went into the tank.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    This. We aren't the flippin Cleveland Browns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i agree the play calling the last 7 games has been uninspired - but c'mon, with an o-line in tatters, ben injured, receivers gone what did we expect? they had to sign burress for christsakes. between the injuries, the rookies and the effort some guys put out - i don't know how haley could come up with more than 10 plays to run at all.

fix the head cases, cut the money grabbers, light a fire under ben's ass, keep throwing to heath and pray the o-line can keep the same 5 guys for a season - and haley will be billed as a genius.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope we get better game plans for Haley if he is planning to stay. His run-run-pass-punt offense was not inspiring.

Look at Bengals game:
    Every 1st down play - RUTFM all the time. Once Mendy bounced it outside he gained 12-yards. Bengals were sitting on shorter routes and daring Steelers to throw deep. They did it twice entire game one went for TD and one throw was not accurate by Ben.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Fire the guy... Ben was having an "mvp" season but in my eyes it wasnt all thay special. Ben had to be a savior on 3rd down and for all the dink and dunk we were still struggling to get TD's.