Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Ben Coachable?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I also thought that Heath was that "go to guy" as well as that Cotch has been stepping up in that type of role the past two seasons.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

I also thought Heath was the go to guy along with Cotchery. I thought Cotchery was under used also taken in consideration that he was injure. I have no trouble with Ben calling his own plays as long as he keeps things balanced and for Haley to interject when he feels the need. I have a feeling if Ben had all the authority, we wouldn't see a runningback on the team.
    Despite all the rumors or talk about Noll not liking Bradshaw or what ever the rub was, Bradshaw was respected enough, smart enough to call his own plays and good games.
    I just watched the 1978 Steelers Super Bowl with Greene, Blount and Blier all being the hosts. They spoke of Bradshaw runnning a balanced attack, I also liked the part when Franco came to the huddle and told Bradshaw to give him the ball and Franco ran it down their throats for a TD.
    I've been blessed enough to see all four 70's Super Bowls during the day and all or mostly all Steeler games since then and I have to say, you people that didn't get to live through the 70's and witness the Steelers back then, you missed something special.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    I also thought Heath was the go to guy along with Cotchery. I thought Cotchery was under used also taken in consideration that he was injure. I have no trouble with Ben calling his own plays as long as he keeps things balanced and for Haley to interject when he feels the need. I have a feeling if Ben had all the authority, we wouldn't see a runningback on the team.
    Despite all the rumors or talk about Noll not liking Bradshaw or what ever the rub was, Bradshaw was respected enough, smart enough to call his own plays and good games.
    I just watched the 1978 Steelers Super Bowl with Greene, Blount and Blier all being the hosts. They spoke of Bradshaw runnning a balanced attack, I also liked the part when Franco came to the huddle and told Bradshaw to give him the ball and Franco ran it down their throats for a TD.
    I've been blessed enough to see all four 70's Super Bowls during the day and all or mostly all Steeler games since then and I have to say, you people that didn't get to live through the 70's and witness the Steelers back then, you missed something special.
    That was SOOOO classic. France enraged at the late shove of TB the previous play.
    Franco was Not GOING TO BE DENIED the TD.

Funny IMHO Franco often seemed to lack that passion and fire, kinda took what came. I was never that big on Franco.

THAT....was my favorite Franco moment.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 12-25-2012 at 06:11 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Only once I believe that I seen the NFL channel show the 1979 Super Bowl with us beating th Rams. If anyone ever knows or see that they're going to run it, please inform me.

Thank You