Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    ??????? Your going to play two ILB and put a safety or corner on the bench? How do you think this works when teams like New England go 4 and 5 wide?

Your just going to play your base defense all three downs?

That's laughable. The league is turning into a passing league. Corners and Safeties that can cover are becoming more and more valuable. ILB/MLB are becoming commodities. You only need one stud 3-4 ILB. The other one can be had in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd.

Look around the league.
    I've seen the Steelers do this many times. A three man front with 2 ILB's and 6 DB's. Or like Ruthless said, 4 down with 2 ILB's and 5 DB's for their nickle package.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I've seen the Steelers do this many times. A three man front with 2 ILB's and 6 DB's. Or like Ruthless said, 4 down with 2 ILB's and 5 DB's for their nickle package.
    We'll never agree on the ILB as that high of a pick even if it is Te'o. Unfortunately it won't be settled because someone in the top 10 will jump at the hype and select Te'o before we can get a chance.

Thaddeus Lewis is not going to beat the Steelers this Sunday.

Thad Lewis.jpg

We will not be picking 11th.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Mingo has had a down year, but I believe it is more about LSU's coaching. They did a terrible job with him this year. Give him a year with Keith Butler and he will be a one man wrecking crew.

Also, I don't know what you mean about Jordan having a down year. Your the only person I have heard say that. He has done nothing but raise his stock. He had some injuries that forced him to miss some time, but he did not regress. Dion Jordan will be a top 20 pick and more than likely a top 10. He is an athletic freak and dropped into coverage quite a bit this year for Oregon. The Guy is 6-7 250 lbs and I have seen him cover receivers before.

This guy does a great job breaking him down:

[URL]http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/12/6/3736570/2013-nfl-draft-dion-jordan-defensive-ends[/URL]
    Jordan sounds like the perfect player to head our switch to the 4-3 and play a real pass rush DE.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Jordan sounds like the perfect player to head our switch to the 4-3 and play a real pass rush DE.
    Cept, Oregon plays a 3-4 hyrbrid defense and Jordan has been playing 3-4 OLB already.

Hell give me Dion Jordan in the first and Kiko Alonso (ILB) in the second and I would be extremely happy.