Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Unless that guy is Haloti Ngata--no thanks. We need playmakers on our defense, pure and simple. There is a reason that we've ranked at the bottom of the league in takeaways (despite our lofty defensive rankings). We are too slow on defense.

Our other weakness will be continued offensive line help.
    Agreed!! And Jenkins is no where near Haloti Ngata.

Lets also keep in mind that the Steelers ranking for their defense is also based on having played one of the worst opponents win-loss percentages in the league.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Playmakers on defense. Same as last year. Would love to see another Rod Woodson type CB drafted.... ILB or DL maybe. RB???
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The 2013 draft may be the earliest we pick in some time. We could use help in various positions, for me we need a NT to replace Casey Hampton. One who has power and can move blockers, Johnathan Jenkins, DT may fit that bill @ 6-3 358 lbs from Georgia. The Steelers could possibly let Mclendon compete against Hood,Heyward and Keisel if he's still here for the DE position.

OG is another position they could look at, at any rate most games are won on the line of scrimmage and we need players there that can dominate. I would be happy with either position being upgraded, but I would prefer NT especially one who has the power to move people even when double teamed.
    I can't think of a worse draft. DL and OG? What the frick have they been doing the last 4 years? We have to make due with what we got at DL and OG for now. DeCastro will work out fine and the left over parts will make us OK at OG, without us needing to use a high pick, any how.

They got to go with DB, LB and RB and TE and WR. DL and OG are not nearly as high on the priority list.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I can't think of a worse draft. DL and OG? What the frick have they been doing the last 4 years? We have to make due with what we got at DL and OG for now. DeCastro will work out fine and the left over parts will make us OK at OG, without us needing to use a high pick, any how.

They got to go with DB, LB and RB and TE and WR. DL and OG are not nearly as high on the priority list.
    Who is going to replace Casey Hampton? If he stays another year and accepts a lower amount of salary they may go in another direction, but we will need a disruptive NT. McClendon is too light in the britches to play NT on a regular basis so who do we have for that position?
    Look, we could use help in many positions, so I guess it depends on who is there when we pick. I could be wrong but I still say NT, however if a good safety is available I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. Mundy isn't starting material, Troy and clark have what 11 years in the league? We need to get young at that position for the long term.

Legend

User Info Menu

with all the passing in the league now, its not as important as say when we drafted hampton to get a 3-4 nose tackle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Who is going to replace Casey Hampton? If he stays another year and accepts a lower amount of salary they may go in another direction, but we will need a disruptive NT. McClendon is too light in the britches to play NT on a regular basis so who do we have for that position?
    Look, we could use help in many positions, so I guess it depends on who is there when we pick. I could be wrong but I still say NT, however if a good safety is available I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. Mundy isn't starting material, Troy and clark have what 11 years in the league? We need to get young at that position for the long term.
    Are you giving up on Ta'amu already? I thought he was supposed to rule at NT. I know he went on a bender and got in trouble, but his career isn't over already is it? McClendon seems decent, at least to back up. We need DBs and a LB or 2. We must get some play makers out there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Are you giving up on Ta'amu already? I thought he was supposed to rule at NT. I know he went on a bender and got in trouble, but his career isn't over already is it? McClendon seems decent, at least to back up. We need DBs and a LB or 2. We must get some play makers out there.
    I don't know what the Steelers plans are regarding Ta'amu, first he has a legal hurdle to overcome. If he should get through the legal issues, he may have a second chance with the team but for now it's all up in the air. If he is able to compete for the position, then the Steelers may go in another direction in the draft. At this rate BPA might be the ticket in the 2013 draft as we need help in almost every position.

If we could work out a trade with a team, we might be able to get an extra draft pick for Wallace, as it appears he will sign with another team.
    Btw, I'm hearing skuttlebutt that Miami might pursue Wallace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Matt Barkley is there, do you take him? He could be BPA.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    no, you don't.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Please no, do not draft a quarterback from USC that is highly regarded (we've seen enough of them live down to expectations), unless, he's there in the 5th or 6th round.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount