Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Could we have a top 10 draft pick? We'll need a little help, but I think #10 is the highest we could possibly get.

Worst case, we're picking #19.

The sad part is, does it really matter? Will we get any player who's worth drafting this high?

More importantly, picking close to 10 might help in rounds 2-4 more than round 1 imho. But the way Tomlin/Colbert draft, does it even matter?

Given the current state of the team, I have no idea what direction we'll go in the draft? Who will the best player available be?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Could we have a top 10 draft pick? We'll need a little help, but I think #10 is the highest we could possibly get.

Worst case, we're picking #19.

The sad part is, does it really matter? Will we get any player who's worth drafting this high?

More importantly, picking close to 10 might help in rounds 2-4 more than round 1 imho. But the way Tomlin/Colbert draft, does it even matter?

Given the current state of the team, I have no idea what direction we'll go in the draft? Who will the best player available be?
    Aside from New England no other team that habitually picks as late as we do does any better with their draft picks. Its not a Tomlin/Colbert issue, it is how the NFL designs the talent distribution to work. We may have made it worse by keeping some players too long but it isn't the drafting.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The 2013 draft may be the earliest we pick in some time. We could use help in various positions, for me we need a NT to replace Casey Hampton. One who has power and can move blockers, Johnathan Jenkins, DT may fit that bill @ 6-3 358 lbs from Georgia. The Steelers could possibly let Mclendon compete against Hood,Heyward and Keisel if he's still here for the DE position.

OG is another position they could look at, at any rate most games are won on the line of scrimmage and we need players there that can dominate. I would be happy with either position being upgraded, but I would prefer NT especially one who has the power to move people even when double teamed.

Rookie

User Info Menu

10th is the highest 19th is the worst and not likely since we had a very easy schedule. I would guess drafting 14th as we sit right now. shutdown CB, NT, Ilb, S, LT, RB, TE, QB, WR i think would be our needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

We could be in a position to grab a great LT to anchor our OLine for the rest of Ben's career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Huh??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We could be in a position to grab a great LT to anchor our OLine for the rest of Ben's career.
    I think they'll be content with who they got last year for now unless a total BEAST is there.

I'm thinking PASS RUSHER!!!!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by srk173 View Post
    10th is the highest 19th is the worst and not likely since we had a very easy schedule. I would guess drafting 14th as we sit right now. shutdown CB, NT, Ilb, S, LT, RB, TE, QB, WR i think would be our needs.
    I dont think this is correct. San Diego has a worse opponent win loss percentage. So actually the lowest spot the Steelers can draft is at 11. And the highest is 17. If the Steelers, Dallas, and NY Giants all finish at 8-8, Dallas and NY Giants have a higher opponent win loss percentages than the Steelers.

[url]http://gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html[/url]

Realistically, there is a good chance next Sunday the NY Jets beat Buffalo, and Tampa Bay beats Atlanta (who would should be resting starters). And if somehow Carolina beats New Orleans Steelers would end up with the 11th overall pick.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The 2013 draft may be the earliest we pick in some time. We could use help in various positions, for me we need a NT to replace Casey Hampton. One who has power and can move blockers, Johnathan Jenkins, DT may fit that bill @ 6-3 358 lbs from Georgia. The Steelers could possibly let Mclendon compete against Hood,Heyward and Keisel if he's still here for the DE position.

OG is another position they could look at, at any rate most games are won on the line of scrimmage and we need players there that can dominate. I would be happy with either position being upgraded, but I would prefer NT especially one who has the power to move people even when double teamed.
    Unless that guy is Haloti Ngata--no thanks. We need playmakers on our defense, pure and simple. There is a reason that we've ranked at the bottom of the league in takeaways (despite our lofty defensive rankings). We are too slow on defense.

Our other weakness will be continued offensive line help.