Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ready for a Steelers Mock Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Chance Warmack G

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ah...therein lies the problem. To move up into the Top 5-7 you would have to give up your Round 2 pick so it would be all but impossible to get anything but one "potentially" great player. That is not going to help us with the number of holes we have. We may not be able to fill every need, but I rather try to fill 2-3 versus just one.
    Not all 5 of those players I named will go in the top 7 picks. If the Steelers draft at 12 it wont necessarily require using this years second round pick. Cleveland and New Orleans do not have second round picks this year. So that moves the Steelers third round pick up at 2 spots. Moving from 12 to 8 would require this years 1st and 3rd round picks.

Now you are drafting at 8 and 43. You should be able to get one great player and one really good player with that. If you walk away this off season filling two holes with one great player and another very good player, then you have had a very successful off season.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes I know, we hear this same cry every year about we can't afford to give away draft picks.....as if with every one of their picks the Steelers are going to get a great player. As if the Chris Carters, Thaddeus Gibsons, Toney Clemons of the world are really going to make a difference. You arent going to fill every need this team has in one draft class Ovi. How about getting one or two big time blue-chippers?

But Ovi, I bet you are a big fan of that show Hoarders, right?
    Those guys were all taken on day 3 of the draft...those picks aren't worth all that much. Even if we packaged all of our picks on the third day of the draft (round 4, 5, 6, and 7), we might be be able to move up 2 or possibly 3 spots in round one. If you really want to move up into top 10 territory, you have to sacrifice a valuable day two pick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh and who knows maybe you have a shot at this guy...

OLB 3-4 defense 77 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 22.5 tackles for loss, 1 INT, and 7 FF's. And he missed two games.

[url]http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_jarvis00.tml[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Those guys were all taken on day 3 of the draft...those picks aren't worth all that much. Even if we packaged all of our picks on the third day of the draft (round 4, 5, 6, and 7), we might be be able to move up 2 or possibly 3 spots in round one. If you really want to move up into top 10 territory, you have to sacrifice a valuable day two pick.
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying in my last post. See above. If we are drafting at 12 to move up to number 8 (1400), and possibly number 7th overall (1500), trade value points. That would be this years 1 and 3rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would anyone consider trading down this year for more picks? I know we don't get to pick this high often, but I'm not real ecstatic being in the middle of the draft. I'd rather be at the top or bottom. I either want a sure fire player or the guy that drops that everyone else forgets about.

I know I always want to trade back. But perhaps this is the year it could have the most likelihood of happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying in my last post. See above. If we are drafting at 12 to move up to number 8 (1400), and possibly number 7th overall (1500), trade value points. That would be this years 1 and 3rd.
    Gotcha...that post wasn't there when I started composing mine.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Would anyone consider trading down this year for more picks? I know we don't get to pick this high often, but I'm not real ecstatic being in the middle of the draft. I'd rather be at the top or bottom. I either want a sure fire player or the guy that drops that everyone else forgets about.

I know I always want to trade back. But perhaps this is the year it could have the most likelihood of happening.
    Got me wondering which players the Steelers nabbed that weren't expected to be there when they picked? A few come to mind:

B. Roethlisberger
    R. Mendenhall
    H. Miller
    M. Pouncey?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Chadman,

Johnathan Jenkins is like a box truck, you can't move this guy and @ 358 he not only has tremendous power he eats up blocks. We get that Georgia Bulldog and we're set for a decade.
    Really? I saw Jenkins fat ass repeatedly blown off the ball during the SEC Championship game by NFL talent. No thank you at pick 11.

Give me Mingo or Dion Jordan or a really good LT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Gotcha...that post wasn't there when I started composing mine.
    Would you be willing to do that, say if Jarvis Jones some how was there at 8? Or maybe Star Lotulelei?

Or better yet, what players would you be willing to move up 4 to 5 spots for?