Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Real: Tomlin is not a very good coach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rookie

User Info Menu

Be Real: Tomlin is not a very good coach

Tomlin's defense is soft and easily solved on 3rd and any to go, he has no clue what's going on offensively as the team has no identity and is built to throw 40+ times a game yet they want to continue running for a yard and a half 2 out of every 3 downs outside of the 4th quarter and the last 2 minutes of a half, doesn't go for it on 4th down at times he should, seems confused about using timeouts, hires terrible assistants, etc. Kevin Colbert has built a pretty good team but unfortunately he can't coach them. As a wiseman said years ago....this team would be garbage when Cowher's influence ran out and Tomlin had to actually coach his own players. This team is now complete and utter garbage.

Oh and because I know Tomlin is African-American and upon criticizing an African-American you are deemed racist so please just don't play the racism card.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pretty Lame First Post!! Why Ya Hidin' Bro??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Pretty Lame First Post!! Why Ya Hidin' Bro??
    I am trying to mimic my first post with Tomlin's coaching effort.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just got home from the game. I thought BOTH head coaches made some errors today...I am willing to give Tomlin 1 more year, but if next year ends up the same way, he's gone....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Just got home from the game. I thought BOTH head coaches made some errors today...I am willing to give Tomlin 1 more year, but if next year ends up the same way, he's gone....
    Marvin Lewis calling for a 56 yarder at Heinz and then going for a 4th and 22??? Mind Boggling!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Marvin Lewis calling for a 56 yarder at Heinz and then going for a 4th and 22??? Mind Boggling!!
    Marvin Lewis must suck a mean dong, because I can't understand why he continues to be employed by the Bungles: A woeful record over a decade, and those two boneheaded decisions today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Desperate times lead to desperate measures. In the end, Marvin's strategy, however lame, worked and Tomlin's did not.

At times I do find myself questioning whether Tomlin really is a student of the game, or a seat-of-the pants kind of coach. Why didn't Tomlin accept the intentional grounding penalty to put the Bengals back further? Has there ever been any articles about how much time he spends at the office during the season? just wondering...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Desperate times lead to desperate measures. In the end, Marvin's strategy, however lame, worked and Tomlin's did not.

At times I do find myself questioning whether Tomlin really is a student of the game, or a seat-of-the pants kind of coach. Why didn't Tomlin accept the intentional grounding penalty to put the Bengals back further? Has there ever been any articles about how much time he spends at the office during the season? just wondering...
    He didn't accept it because he wanted the ball back with the most time available. No one would had expected Lewis to run another play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NOTagdci981 View Post
    Tomlin's defense is soft and easily solved on 3rd and any to go, he has no clue what's going on offensively as the team has no identity and is built to throw 40+ times a game yet they want to continue running for a yard and a half 2 out of every 3 downs outside of the 4th quarter and the last 2 minutes of a half, doesn't go for it on 4th down at times he should, seems confused about using timeouts, hires terrible assistants, etc. Kevin Colbert has built a pretty good team but unfortunately he can't coach them. As a wiseman said years ago....this team would be garbage when Cowher's influence ran out and Tomlin had to actually coach his own players. This team is now complete and utter garbage.

Oh and because I know Tomlin is African-American and upon criticizing an African-American you are deemed racist so please just don't play the racism card.

tomlin was hired for one resson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    tomlin was hired for one resson.
    I'm not sure what "resson" you are referencing, but the reason he was hired is because he fit the mold of the previous two coaches the Rooney's hired and that is a young defensive coach who is very intelligent. It has proven to be a great hire with two Super Bowl appearances in his first six seasons which is better than Noll or Cowher.

I guess you would have preferred failures like Whisenhunt or Grimm.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"