2014 NFL Draft
1) Cyrus Kouandjio-OT Alabama
2) Kyle Fuller-DB Virginia Tech
3) Jared Abbrederis-WR Wisconsin (the next Hines Ward)
4) Calvin Barnett-DT Oklahoma
5) Marcus Williams- DB North Dakota State (Best DB you haven't heard of)
6) Venric Mark-RB/WR Northwestern
Have you noticed we have gotten out of rythm with the following ?
We used to keep teams from scoring in the first quarter
We used to win our openers
We used to not have teams run 100 yards upon us
We used to get more turnovers
We used to get more sacks
No matter how our record was we used to own our division
Our player hardly did the bone head things they are currently doing
Seldom our play calling was in question
We used to win most of our home games
I'm not saying Cowher was perfect and it was time for a change but, Tomlin has fallen faster and has taken this team down quicker than I can remember.
SIX SUPER BOWLS WINS AND NO CHEATING
Maybe something worth considering. Someone who appears polished likely has to spend time keeping up that appearance.
Tomlin comes across as one of the most polished coaches in sports history. Most great coaches don't because they're completely absorbed with coaching.
Cowher, Noll, Bellichick, etc. all looked ragged compared to Tomlin. Not sure it means anything? It could be 100% natural and authentic. But someone that finished isn't 100% natural most of the time.
"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Sometimes people overcompensate and put a little more effort into their personal style when they don't have substance. For others it's natural and success goes hand in hand with style. And yet others seem like complete buffoons but are amazingly competent at what they do.
1. Ben is difficult, it's something we've all known for a long time.
2. Prior to the injury of Ben he was having a very good season but the rest of the team was either fumbling or simply not catching the damn ball.
3. Injuries, injuries, injuries. I had hoped someone would have broken it all down but I may just end up doing it if for no other reason that to see just how messed up this season has been.
I could continue with that list and Tomlin is far from perfect but you aren't going to sit back and go all chicken little on all things Steelers because we're having a crappy year. If the team stayed healthy and the receivers played like they've played in the past we wouldn't even be talking about this right now as we'd have one of the top seeds in the AFC. It's been a bad year that isn't the result of any one thing in particular but rather a crap wrapped Christmas present of minor things that made a larger problem.
Last edited by Snatch98; 12-26-2012 at 05:53 PM.