Thread: Sacks and turnovers?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sacks and turnovers?

Nice sacks and even turnovers did not help us this game. Why? Offense just that bad? All the talk here and the media is no sacks and turnovers killing the steelers. Well it did not help today. Yes the 2 turnovers BY the Steelers (BEN) killed us. Defense played very good today! Was nice to see them play there butts off. What will this team do next week with nothing to play for except pride?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Nice sacks and even turnovers did not help us this game. Why? Offense just that bad? All the talk here and the media is no sacks and turnovers killing the steelers. Well it did not help today. Yes the 2 turnovers BY the Steelers (BEN) killed us. Defense played very good today! Was nice to see them play there butts off. What will this team do next week with nothing to play for except pride?
    My guess is the defense will play really hard and probably look great and the offense will stumble and bumble its way to another disappointing performance. That's been the trend for the second half of the season. I dont think the offense ever really established an identity for itself. It tried to do everything but throw the ball deep this season and kept switching around all season long.

Legend

User Info Menu

The worst part is Troy was back and healthy for any potential run we could have gone on. He made 3 spectacular plays today. How much more do we have of him? With his health, that could have been the last shot he had to go into the playoffs healthy and dominate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben's stats include 4 interceptions in 9 games pre-injury, and 4 interceptions in 3 games since return from injury.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Ben's stats include 4 interceptions in 9 games pre-injury, and 4 interceptions in 3 games since return from injury.
    My dad said this and I kinda jumped down his throat but in hindsight I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Ben has been off because he was came back to early. (although the fumbles and the terrible drops weren't helping his cause) The team just doesn't have an identity on either side of the ball and that was the biggest problem. You add in all the injuries and the inability to build some decent momentum and that identity just never came because they were constantly being dealt blows. We start to get healthy and Ike goes down for a extended period of time. We had guys get banged up today. We just couldn't win this year and maybe it's for the best that we're taking an early exit. I certainly didn't want another first round exit. Sucks but let's draft a little higher and get ready for next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why did it take a desperation game #15 before the defense went into the attack mode? Question I would like to know the answer to!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why did it take a desperation game #15 before the defense went into the attack mode? Question I would like to know the answer to!
    I think it was healthy players who can play the scheme. It started last year in Denver when we got hacked. Then how many games to start this season? Then the defense started to look ok and more injuries. It seems the defense for most of this year looked good to ok. And played how they had to and keep the game close. I know most fans want a dominate Steelers defense for most games and hold teams to 0 points. It is very hard to do that in the new NFL. Look how many 40 or even 50 point games there has been this year. How many 0 point games were there this year for anyone?

Starter

User Info Menu

good argument

I think it was healthy players who can play the scheme. It started last year in Denver when we got hacked. Then how many games to start this season? Then the defense started to look ok and more injuries. It seems the defense for most of this year looked good to ok. And played how they had to and keep the game close. I know most fans want a dominate Steelers defense for most games and hold teams to 0 points. It is very hard to do that in the new NFL. Look how many 40 or even 50 point games there has been this year. How many 0 point games were there this year for anyone?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You act like it would have made a difference this season....The defense put us in plenty of positions to win this year...but the offense failed miserably...

Did the turn overs help today? Did the offense capitalize on any of the turn overs today? Questions I would like to know the answers to!!

While the defense is far from perfect...the problems lies on the other side of the ball...

Next we will be hearing that the defense doesn't score enough points...that's why we didn't make the playoffs....