Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    That is all speculation on your part....and IMO, nonsense....

I do however, feel we need to draft a QB and begin the grooming process...
    Only a late draft pick or free agent would make sense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Only a late draft pick or free agent would make sense
    I completely agree, Ben is our QB that we are going to live and die with. what's the point in using a high draft pick to sit on the bench behind Ben when we have so many other holes to fill?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I completely agree, Ben is our QB that we are going to live and die with. what's the point in using a high draft pick to sit on the bench behind Ben when we have so many other holes to fill?
    I might go as high as 3rd Rd if there is a QB which Steelers can develop in 3-4 years or maybe a FA Backup QB. Time to let Lefty and Batch go.

I don't want Steelers to waste any draft picks on a token QB in late rounds. Steelers are better of drafting some ST stud in late rounds.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    Have you watched the last 2 weeks of Steeler football? Charlie Batch could have won both games. Ben was the problem, and whether it was due to lack of preparation or due to trying to make Hailey look bad is inmaterial. Ben surly didn't play to his contract numbers, and he showed attitude by blaming the OC. The message was received by this longtime Steeler fan.
    Wow what stupid allegations. Ben played bad to to make Hailey look bad??? Ben did nothing. Hailey is one stupid OC. Yes he is worse than BA. His stupid run-run-pass-punt offense is outright pathetic. If Ben was not having a great 3rd down percentage Hailey might have looked worse. Haley never utilized the strength of his offensive players properly. Hailey's offense is predictable. Opponents knew Hailey's tendency.

Ben was the problem in Dallas game??? Did we watch the same game???Ben was the reason Steelers were still in the game. Antonio Brown screwed up Dallas game. Dallas game should have never gone into OT if AB84 had kept up his end. Blame AB84 not only for Dallas game but Oakland game too.

Bengals game was all on Ben. He had his worst game against Bengals.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    So you don't think Batch could have hit an open Mike Wallace today and wouldn't have avoided throwing 2 pick sixs in consecutive weeks? Then why is Batch even on the roster? The problem we have is Ben is the only QB on the roster. No one is his competition. He isn't competing for his job. He looks complacent, and complacent doesn't win championships, complacent makes excuses. Before we fall into the Terry Bradshaw curse, get a good young guy in here to push Ben or to take over for him. Our line should be pretty good next year, our receivers and TE are top notch, and our defense is always strong...we need an MLB and maybe a safety in the draft, but get someone in that is hungry to play and win, and see how that affects Big Ben...until that happens Ben will do what Ben wants to do....which hasn't been good for the Steelers of late.
    I'm almost certain that Batch couldn't have hit a wide open Mike Wallace on Sunday, because the first thing he would have had to do was scramble out of a collapsing pocket. He may or may not have thrown the INT in Dallas, chances are he wouldn't have, because he realizes that he doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball out wide and into a tiny window. Ben[s problem on that throw was accuracy, he threw it too far to the inside and it was picked. His accuracy has been at issue since his return in my opinion. Throws in which he didn't have to turn his body left or right were being made in fine fashion, but the moment he had to reset his feet to the right or left and didn't get his body square to the target his throws were inaccurate and weakened. He bounced 3 or 4 WR screens and quick outs in the last three games that he rarely bounces.

Just my take, we all get an opinion, Ben played poorly to be sure, but I certainly believe injuries played a part in that bad play. Ben's combination of unorthodox style and injury is a bad combination, because to make some of the throws Ben makes he needs his arm and shoulder to be at 100%. He tried to make throws that he makes when he's 100% healthy and was unable to make them at something less than 100% and it cost the Steelers dearly, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, just didnt elaborate...Ben is the franchise QB...but we need to have a young QB in the wings in the event of injury (which is likely)....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets just hope we don't draft the next Kordell Stewart project as our next QB.

I really liked Kirk Cousins coming out of the draft last year....if he was there in the 4th I would have loved to grab him.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!