Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Trade Ben Roethlisberger! I'd rather go 7-9 with an upstart rookie with an upside who is willing to learn and grow with the system, rather than continue down this trek with a dumb, uncoachable QB with a bad attitude trying to sabotage the system because he didn't get his way.
    That is all speculation on your part....and IMO, nonsense....

I do however, feel we need to draft a QB and begin the grooming process...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This ANTI BEN stuff is LAUGHABLE!!!!

We're talking about a guy before he was injured was in the talks about MVP.

Lets trade a 2 time Superbowl winning QB who's barely in his 30s for the hope of getting the next Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck???
    I swear whenever the Steelers lose, some Steeler fans just go out of their minds.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

A Healthy O-Line would be nice.

BUT I SAY:
    -get rid of the RB by committee approach. Develop a TOP back and go with Him.
    -Let Wallace walk ... He's an all or nothing guy. We need someone who's passionate about not only making big plays but doing the little things.
    -A good 2nd TE would help
    Agree...Mendenhall should be carrying the rock and a good TE to back-up Heath would be great.

Disagree about wallace. He has speed to stretch defense and open underneath routes for TE, plus because of his crappy year no other team will want to pay him what he wants and we keep him for cheap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what you're liking so much about PAULSON ... I'm thinking he's a 3rd TE at this point.

For a team using so much 2 TE sets, you'd think they'd get themselves a quality #2 guy. IMO I think not having a quality #2 TE is like not having a quality #2 WR on the field. I watch Paulson go out on pass routes and he's just a non factor. Especially against man to man!!

thats my thinking too. good 3rd. maybe get a good blcoker as the #2 so heath can work the routes.

and dont forget it was paulsen who got blown off the line and had the ball hit him in the arse when SD recovered in the end zone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets trade a 2 time Superbowl winning QB who's barely in his 30s for the hope of getting the next Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck???
    I swear whenever the Steelers lose, some Steeler fans just go out of their minds.
    Agreed. I thought the board might be in meltdown when I hopped on, but some of this stuff is beyond stupid. Can people be mad and vent without being stupid?

This season hasn't turned out the way we envisioned. It sucks. I, for one, would settle for getting healthy in the offseason and feeling the seldom felt pain of missing the playoffs while the Bengals get to go. The Bengals "fans" all around me are ecstatic when they go 8-8. For us, the possibility is football misery. That said, we have a lot of good things going for the Steelers and I'm looking forward to seeing how they set things right.

Backup

User Info Menu

Have you watched the last 2 weeks of Steeler football? Charlie Batch could have won both games. Ben was the problem, and whether it was due to lack of preparation or due to trying to make Hailey look bad is inmaterial. Ben surly didn't play to his contract numbers, and he showed attitude by blaming the OC. The message was received by this longtime Steeler fan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. I thought the board might be in meltdown when I hopped on, but some of this stuff is beyond stupid. Can people be mad and vent without being stupid?

This season hasn't turned out the way we envisioned. It sucks. I, for one, would settle for getting healthy in the offseason and feeling the seldom felt pain of missing the playoffs while the Bengals get to go. The Bengals "fans" all around me are ecstatic when they go 8-8. For us, the possibility is football misery. That said, we have a lot of good things going for the Steelers and I'm looking forward to seeing how they set things right.
    Thank God not everyone on here has lost their mind.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was going to say the same thing. It really seems that he hasn't been the same since that injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    Have you watched the last 2 weeks of Steeler football? Charlie Batch could have won both games. Ben was the problem, and whether it was due to lack of preparation or due to trying to make Hailey look bad is inmaterial. Ben surly didn't play to his contract numbers, and he showed attitude by blaming the OC. The message was received by this longtime Steeler fan.
    Batch could have won both games? Are you even serious? Ben is the best QB we have. Yes, he didn't play well the past couple of weeks and definitely lost us both games with crappy INTs. Yes, he did call out the OC but after years of always taking the blame himself do you think it just wasn't even possible that he might get frustrated and say something at some point? I don't agree with him saying it in the media but all of you people saying Ben is intentionally throwing games in order to get the OC out of town need to take off your tinfoil hats.

Regardless, I expect this to go on deaf years. Everyone's pissed about being out of the playoffs, how we played the last four games, and how the season went altogether. I am too. But when "GET RID OF BEN" and "Ben sabotaged the season in order to get rid of the OC" starts getting thrown around I have to question whether people can be upset without completely losing their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    What he said^
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

So you don't think Batch could have hit an open Mike Wallace today and wouldn't have avoided throwing 2 pick sixs in consecutive weeks? Then why is Batch even on the roster? The problem we have is Ben is the only QB on the roster. No one is his competition. He isn't competing for his job. He looks complacent, and complacent doesn't win championships, complacent makes excuses. Before we fall into the Terry Bradshaw curse, get a good young guy in here to push Ben or to take over for him. Our line should be pretty good next year, our receivers and TE are top notch, and our defense is always strong...we need an MLB and maybe a safety in the draft, but get someone in that is hungry to play and win, and see how that affects Big Ben...until that happens Ben will do what Ben wants to do....which hasn't been good for the Steelers of late.

Legend

User Info Menu

receivers top notch??

what a joke.

they would be lucky to rank in the top 20