Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

A Healthy O-Line would be nice.

BUT I SAY:
    -get rid of the RB by committee approach. Develop a TOP back and go with Him.
    -Let Wallace walk ... He's an all or nothing guy. We need someone who's passionate about not only making big plays but doing the little things.
    -A good 2nd TE would help
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks.

I think what needs to be fixed include:
    Team leadership
    Commitment to the Team
    Cohesiveness (damaged by selfishness)
    Discipline
    Strategy
    Coaching decisions
    Sacks
    Turnovers
    Arrogance
    Overweight OL's who lack agility and get injured (or injure their own teammates) too easily.

This 2012 team has failed to live up to the Steerers legacy each of the players and coachers have been lucky to be part of. Some self-examination and changes are needed.

On the defensive side ...
    I just want to say that Lewis was an absolute warrior today, as was Cortez, Timmons, and Keisel. And Troy was incredible beyond all else. On the other hand, Woodley seems to play lazy alot. We are better off with Worilds in that spot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not going to point a finger at the DEFENSE this year. They weren't perfect and not as dominant as their #1 ranking would prefer, but I am so disappointed with our offense I just wanna overhaul the whole system.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Good list Dukie.

I'd add it might be time to consider bringing in and developing a young QB. And fix the OLine. I dont know if it's the players, the coaching, or the conditioning. We need to bring in someone who can do for the Oline what Lake has done for the secondary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Get a OL coach to match the athleticism of lineman. Get someone fill a leadership roll on the O, Ben clearly can't handle anyone let alone himself without crying.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BTW, reports on twitter are saying Heath has a torn ACL. That will need to be fixed, too. He has been great again this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Get a OL coach to match the athleticism of lineman. Get someone fill a leadership roll on the O, Ben clearly can't handle anyone let alone himself without crying.
    bens maturity level needs to improve big time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    bens maturity level needs to improve big time.
    At this point in his career, got to wonder if it's too late for that...I mean we are heading into the stretch part of the season and he's still moping around crying about plays...seems to me he's at the ball in his hands in a no huddle situation to win multiple games and he couldn't deliver.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

User Info Menu

Well said Dukie.

There are things that transpired behind the scenes that resulted in such a poor "buy in" to Haley's philosophy as the season wore on.

We will probably never know exactly what happened and when it happened but it became pretty obvious in the finished product on Sundays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Get more consistent play from the QB. More consistent play from the QB will make everyone on offense better. More consistent play from the QB position isn't going to come to fruition as long as Ben remains the QB. I don't see Ben going anywhere. This is the offense the Steelers will have as long as Ben remains the QB. It's the way the offense has been since Ben became the Steelers "offense".