Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Haley, How Do the Steelers Fix the Offense?? (Per DukieBoy's request)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    receivers top notch??

what a joke.

they would be lucky to rank in the top 20
    how did our #1 WR who wants to be paid $11 million/year do today?

oh, he had 1 catch for 13 yards?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Just to put in perspective look at Seahawks, 49ers, Redskins, Colts did on offense with Rook QB's.

What happened to Game management offenses for rook QB's?

Now these teams are putting 40+ points against good defenses.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    receivers top notch??

what a joke.

they would be lucky to rank in the top 20
    You have to be able to throw it to them for them to catch it. The joke is the QB and the way he called it in.

Starter

User Info Menu

Does anyone know if the reporters asked Big Ben why he did not audible when the Bengals loaded the box and dared him to throw? He seemed frustrated when Dwyer ran down the middle and was being met in the backfield without being able to make a break.

Its just strange he did not audible out of these plays. Maybe the OL was limited?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    So you don't think Batch could have hit an open Mike Wallace today and wouldn't have avoided throwing 2 pick sixs in consecutive weeks? Then why is Batch even on the roster? The problem we have is Ben is the only QB on the roster. No one is his competition. He isn't competing for his job. He looks complacent, and complacent doesn't win championships, complacent makes excuses. Before we fall into the Terry Bradshaw curse, get a good young guy in here to push Ben or to take over for him. Our line should be pretty good next year, our receivers and TE are top notch, and our defense is always strong...we need an MLB and maybe a safety in the draft, but get someone in that is hungry to play and win, and see how that affects Big Ben...until that happens Ben will do what Ben wants to do....which hasn't been good for the Steelers of late.
    So, you're saying that Batch should have played the last two games and would have won them? That's very easy to do...in hindsight. I don't recall you starting any "BENCH BEN, START BATCH" threads any time in the past two weeks. Why is that?

No, I don't think Batch would have won those games. I agree that we should bring in a young QB. The rest of the "Ben will do what Ben will do", "Ben is throwing games" etc I only see as attempts at armchair psychoanalysis.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    So, you're saying that Batch should have played the last two games and would have won them? That's very easy to do...in hindsight. I don't recall you starting any "BENCH BEN, START BATCH" threads any time in the past two weeks. Why is that?

No, I don't think Batch would have won those games. I agree that we should bring in a young QB. The rest of the "Ben will do what Ben will do", "Ben is throwing games" etc I only see as attempts at armchair psychoanalysis.
    I never said we should start Batch, but Ben has to get back to "managing the game". I like the fact that he has the ability to singlehandedly change the game at anytime, but when that turns to him singlehandedly losing games and doing things that hurt the team then it's time for him to start playing within himself. He is missing open receivers and open reads. If the team is in the position to win with a final drive he can't lose the game an expect people to consider him elite and untouchable just because he has 2 rings. You are only as good as your last game, so in my opinion that means Ben isn't very good right now. If Ben isn't playing to the standard and at least not losing games by himself, the discussion about the teams future has to start with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    how did our #1 WR who wants to be paid $11 million/year do today?

oh, he had 1 catch for 13 yards?

not too good

when you draft raw 3 rd WRs to be the center of ur receiving corps..you're gonna have warts.

i'd hate to see this offense without him without adequately replacing him.
    crap, 99% of this board is complaining how bad the offense is. whats it going to look like without one of its more dangerous weapons. do you think the FO is going out there and spending big $$ to to bring in someone and fix the problem of the lack of big time play makers

BYW, did wallace tell you himself thats what he wanted. i havent seen it in print
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

You have to be able to throw it to them for them to catch it. The joke is the QB and the way he called it in.
    no the joke is you SD with some of the dumbest BS i've seen on the interent in the last month (not an easy task)

you're close to 43's level...congrats
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-24-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I never said we should start Batch, but Ben has to get back to "managing the game". I like the fact that he has the ability to singlehandedly change the game at anytime, but when that turns to him singlehandedly losing games and doing things that hurt the team then it's time for him to start playing within himself. He is missing open receivers and open reads. If the team is in the position to win with a final drive he can't lose the game an expect people to consider him elite and untouchable just because he has 2 rings. You are only as good as your last game, so in my opinion that means Ben isn't very good right now. If Ben isn't playing to the standard and at least not losing games by himself, the discussion about the teams future has to start with him.
    My apologies then. When you said:

Have you watched the last 2 weeks of Steeler football? Charlie Batch could have won both games. Ben was the problem, and whether it was due to lack of preparation or due to trying to make Hailey look bad is inmaterial. Ben surly didn't play to his contract numbers, and he showed attitude by blaming the OC. The message was received by this longtime Steeler fan.
    ...it seemed to me your point was that Batch would have given us the better chance to win. IMO Ben has always had the ability to win or lose games for us because of his style of play. This debate has been going on for years and I think that it's impossible to have it both ways. I agree that he hasn't been playing well since he came back but think that has more to do with injury than him being head-strong or unwilling to work with the OC.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I swear whenever the Steelers lose, some Steeler fans just go out of their minds.
    What minds?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.