Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blame yourself Ben two weeks straight

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rider500 View Post
    ...I've seen this before with the Penguins. ...arguably the best player on the team at one point, JJ, was disatisfied with the coaching (Constantine) his star status v. Lemieux, his arrogance, and suddenly the entire team is in disarray. I don't like Tomlin because he did not corral the attitude problems. I have a really hard time with Ben's controlling ego. I just have a funny feeling that Ben wanted to play poorly enough so as to see Haley gone. Ben forced his teamates to take an unnecessary stand for him a couple of years ago, and Ben did not reperesent his team well over the years publically. Those are the things that JJ did. Nobody would argue JJ's skill, but his attitude
    This. I thought the same today myself. He wants Haley out of there.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

BEN TODAY FOR SURE

last week, AB gets my vote

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quick funny post. My Mother is talking to my 3 year old daughter about liking footbal or notl. My little one says " I don't like Ben" He does not play good. No one here said anything about Ben playing good or bad. Was just watching redzone and they were talking about liking football. LOL! Way to funny. She pulls stuff like this all the time and shocks everyone. Hope someone else on here gets a laugh on a bad day. I did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but I won't shut up. Who died and made you boss?

Undoubtedly, we owe a debt of gratitude to Ben for his contributions in past years. I'm thankful we've had him these past 8 years.

But does that mean that we can't come to a point where we recognize that his performance isn't what it could be, or once was? Hey, let's suit up Terry Bradshaw...and I can't believe anyone would ever argue with that notion or say otherwise...because, after all, without him, we would have 4 less superbowl wins than we do.
    Yea, I hate the (il)logic of "We would have never won 2 Super Bowls" as if that is a bullet proof vest, never to have said player questioned, ever again. That is just stupid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    i effin can't stand steelers fans.

you are unbelievable.

without ben we have ZERO superbowl appearances in the past 8 years. not to mention 2 superbowl wins and an additional appearance.

just shut up!!!
    You are crazy. The defenses we have had would have made it possible to have Phillip Rivers under center and we make Superbowls. With Ben at the helm our offenses are rarely above 20th in the NFL while our defenses are right at the top if not at the top.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Ben has issues. Draft Geno Smith!
    And what if Geno Smith turns into Akili Smith? Oh never mind, you are the genius that would rather have 12-19 Cam Newton over Ben Roethlisberger.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben lost the magic this year...Ben had plenty of chances to win late in games this year but couldn't get the job done...Obviously there are several factors that contributed to us losing all the games we lost, but QB play is a big factor.

Ben has been great for this team over the years and he seemed to be off to a good start this year. I am not certain that the Haley offense is a fit for Ben's style of play. Ben just doesn't seem to be consistent enough to put together long scoring drives on a regular basis....maybe he just loses his patience...I don't know....but Ben's game needs the big play to be successful. Haley's offense took very few shots down field this year, even though we have some of the fastest receivers in the league...I thought he was praised for evolving the offense around the strengths of his players? I am not sure I am buying into that....I think the Haley offense was the same one he used in KC and our performance against the AFC West appears to confirm this....We struggled on offense and lost 3 of 4....

Ben is a great QB and should be considered in the elite class....but Ben is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (and maybe a few others)...They are in a different class

I am glad he is our QB...but he needs to play much better than he did this year....another year wasted with our franchise QB.

SF

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And what if Geno Smith turns into Akili Smith? Oh never mind, you are the genius that would rather have 12-19 Cam Newton over Ben Roethlisberger.
    It's amazing how people are so blinded by emotion they can't see the forest from the trees.

I'm all for drafting a Young backup QB.....but not in case BEN just turns into a bum, but in case BEN goes down.
    But moving forward, I make him my Franchise QB for the next 5 yrs. at least w/ a decent backup just in case
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ben hasn't been right since he came back from the shoulder injury. Period. Look at the stats and the record before and after.....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben hasn't been right since he came back from the shoulder injury. Period. Look at the stats and the record before and after.....
    Agreed....which begs the question...Should he have played? Did he give us the best shot at winning over the last three weeks?