Thread: 3rd worst in AFC

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

3rd worst in AFC

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/afc[/url]

For all of us scratching our heads as to why this team doesn't win more game, the -14 take away stat is the single most-revealing # out there. That is 3rd-worst in the AFC. Wow. Pathetic. They are lucky to even be in the play off race at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/afc[/URL]

For all of us scratching our heads as to why this team doesn't win more game, the -14 take away stat is the single most-revealing # out there. That is 3rd-worst in the AFC. Wow. Pathetic. They are lucky to even be in the play off race at this point.
    I view that as something that's fixable. There's some random luck in terms of takeaways. And some teams can go through stretches where they are on either side of that equation. I think we're a sound team that stays in games but hasn't made the necessary plays when needed. We have enough talent to beat anyone.

Can we be healthy. Get it together. And have some luck go in our favor?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I view that as something that's fixable. There's some random luck in terms of takeaways. And some teams can go through stretches where they are on either side of that equation. I think we're a sound team that stays in games but hasn't made the necessary plays when needed. We have enough talent to beat anyone.

Can we be healthy. Get it together. And have some luck go in our favor?

I'll partially agree that there is some luck but we use to be able to make turnovers happen. We can't now, but just do the same old thing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'll partially agree that there is some luck but we use to be able to make turnovers happen. We can't now, but just do the same old thing.
    On D, there's fundamental pass rushing flaws. On O it's been some back luck that should be easy to fix.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

EARTH SHATTERING STATS!!!
    Just when we neeeded another thread about our lack of turnovers!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!