Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *BENGALS @ PITTSBURGH Prediction Thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

*BENGALS @ PITTSBURGH Prediction Thread

The playoffs start Sunday for our Steelers and I have to believe they are up to the task. This might be the best Bengal team we faced in some time, however we get the job done and have a happy Holiday!

STEELERS........20
    BENGALS.........13

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers 24
    Bengals 13
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we can generate any kind of a pass rush?
    Steelers 24
    Bengals 17

If we can't?
    Bengals 31
    Steelers 24

Legend

User Info Menu

Good Guys - Infinity
    Criminals - Negative Infinity

Legend

User Info Menu

Bumgals 27
    Steelers 24

Still trying to figure out who is going to cover AJ Green? Unless we figure out that getting to the QB is the only way to win and we actually do it versus 3 and 4 man rushes Green will have a big day.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict we pull it off. Whether it's by 1 or 40 it doesn't matter to me, as long as we get the dubya.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Still trying to figure out who is going to cover AJ Green?
    AJ Green is a handful for anyone to cover, but Keenan Lewis matches up pretty well with him and I'm sure he'll have safety help over the top.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    AJ Green is a handful for anyone to cover, but Keenan Lewis matches up pretty well with him and I'm sure he'll have safety help over the top.
    Yeah, if we were relying on the likes of Brown/Victorian/Golden/King, I'd be extremely worried. If Ike was available, not so much. With Lewis & Allen both listed as probable, I think we have a shot here.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sunday will be the Seahawks and Bengals super bowl. I am a little concerned of the changing of the guard here.

If we can't force turnovers, Dalton will have a field day on the score board. Bengals will be going for stripping the ball, gotta hold on to it. This strategy can hurt them though if they don't wrap up and Dwyer et al can get some big gains.

Steelers have to play perfect games anymore to get the W's including special teams. I am not sure they are capable of doing that right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, if we were relying on the likes of Brown/Victorian/Golden/King, I'd be extremely worried. If Ike was available, not so much. With Lewis & Allen both listed as probable, I think we have a shot here.
    I think we'll be fine with Keenan and Cortez too. I'd put Allen on Green and give him help over the top and leave Keenan 1 on 1 opposite. Allen's every bit the athlete that Ike is. Allen blanketed Gronk last year and I think that's a tougher matchup for any corner.

The thing to remember here is Cincy has 1 weapon - Green. Lebeau can take 1 guy away from a team no problem. With or without Ike. At the same time, we need to contain their running game and their TE. Cincy is just so 1 dimensional, I see them struggling offensively against us.