Thread: Before anyone jumps off the Fort Pitt Bridge...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Before anyone jumps off the Fort Pitt Bridge...

...from us being a 7-7 club, and who knows if 7-8. 8-8 or 9-7, considering the entire 1980's results.

1980 - 9-7
    1981 - 8-8
    1982 - 6-3
    1983 - 10-6
    1984 - 9-7
    1985 - 7-9
    1986 - 6-10
    1987 - 8-7
    1988 - 5-11
    1989 - 9-7
    1990 - 9-7
    1991 - 7-9

We are freaking out having one season hover around .500. We had that for about an entire decade in the 80s. Of course, we never had a franchise QB in all that span. Matter of fact, we didn't even have an average QB in that span. Stoudt, Malone, Brister....eeks. No wonder they were a .500 team in those days. They still had a pretty good decent D every season, and usually a good O line. But nothing else. No play makers on O, other than Louie Lipps in all that time. No above average running back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wow, the 80s were actually better than what I remembered.
    Of course as a kid they were the best no matter what the record
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eww, 1988 was rough. I remember breaking my small tv I had in my dorm room the Steelers were so bad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Eww, 1988 was rough. I remember breaking my small tv I had in my dorm room the Steelers were so bad
    But they were not really bad, never a 3-13 season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You think the 80's were bad, from 1947 to 1972 the Steelers only had one playoff appearance, thats a span of 25 years.
    Now on the other end, we had our best regular season record in 2004 when Ben was a rookie. Our 15-1 record was the best in team history.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why Jump off Fort Pitt
    There's some way better bridges
    Just beat dem Bengals

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    You think the 80's were bad, from 1947 to 1972 the Steelers only had one playoff appearance, thats a span of 25 years.
    Now on the other end, we had our best regular season record in 2004 when Ben was a rookie. Our 15-1 record was the best in team history.
    Yea, but I don't even consider it the same sport or league back then. I just don't care about sports that happened before I was alive. Some might. I don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is all about the QB. But fortunately, the QBs coming out of college these days seem to be much more ready to run a pro-style offense. Last year's draft class could turn into one of the best ever for QB talent. If the college ranks can continue to pump out 3 or 4 NFL-ready QBs, it gives any team a chance to become a force regardless of previous record. Then it becomes a matter of who can stay healthy long enough to make it to the playoffs.