Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Harrison on Mike and Mike

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought he might be saying it on purpose too. But then I thought, James just says whatever is true. I remember Farrior saying when he was in his first practices with the team, he didn't understand the D and he didn't bother faking it and just threw up his arms and told the coaches to take him out cause he didn't know what he was doing. Being calculated is hard for people that are blatantly honest.

His strip last week was fierce. But did you also notice the next 3 times he took a guy down he wrestled the ball out of the guys hands even after the tackle. He was seriously going after the ball. He looks like he's back and angry on the field.

Mike and Mike commented they were surprised how nice Harrison was. Greeny thought he would be terrified to speak to him. And was going on after the interview how decent a person James is.
    I was kind of surprised how civil he was as well. I find it hilarious that someone as beastly as James scares Greenie. That is funny. I love how they play on how weak Greenie is all the time. It is a good shtick.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This whole "wrapping up high" garbage started in the late 90s. They were teaching young kids to tackle up high (as a safety precaution) to avoid injuring your own teammates in practice.
    TEXTBOOK: aim for the chest, practically meet chest to chest, grab cloth (in the back of the jersey), roll ur hips through and drive!!
    PLEASE!! that worked great on tackling dummies but when you have a moving target you were making helmet to helmet contact. There is no aiming point.

I'm sorry but I never did it...i see legs and i'm going for them.
    Thats more for if you are running straight at a guy coming right at you. More to protect your spine. You want your facemask to hit the guy so the muscles in your neck absorb the hit, if you put your head down and hit him with the crown of your helmet the spine compresses... Other than face to face oppourtunities I was always taught do what you have to, aim at the back shoulder to avoid the cut back and get the guy down.