Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Pgh favored this game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why is Pgh favored this game?

And it's not by point, they are favored by 5. Recently, Cinci has mostly been playing well and winning (save the last second loss to Dallas) and Pgh is reeling, starting dudes off their couches as DBs.

And, Cinci has some serious weapons at WR. Green is a freak and he will be covered by....dudes we never heard of?

And yet, Pgh is favored. Go figure.

By the way, I do realize how lines are formed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well then, I guess you answered your own ?....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well then, I guess you answered your own ?....
    No, the question remains: why does the betting public think, over all, on average, that Pgh will win by about 5?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Care to place a wager based on what you think the line should be Roid?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One annoying thing to me is the past couple games you see our DB's get picked on yet when we face a young DB or backup we don't pick on them and if we do we rarely succeed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, I guess because we are playing at home and our past success against the Bengals.
    If I was to bet the game I would take the points, I figured we would be favored by 2 1/2 points but @ 5 taking the Bengals would seem logical based on recent games.
    I look for a very close game, and if we don't turn the ball over we should win.....we are due don't you think?

Lets Roll......HERE WE GO STEELERS .....HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Dalton's 0-3 against the Steelers and averages about 130 yards passing per game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Dalton's 0-3 against the Steelers and averages about 130 yards passing per game.
    This - and it's essentially a playoff game. Who does the bettin' public trust in a playoff game? The Bungles? Or the Steelers?

I'm not very confident about the game, given how we've played lately and the current list of injuries. But I can see how we're favored.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why? Because, for some reason, the betting public has more faith in the Steelers than you do...

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't bet on the Steelers... but I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 7. Dalton hasn't shown he can beat us or the Ravens (if I'm not mistaken.)