Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Pgh favored this game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I remember hearing never bet on a Pittsburgh game growing up like it was the gospel.

Might not be true and might just be cause I pay attention to the Steelers, but there seem to be a lot of fishy games vs the spread.
    I totally have seen very fishy games. I think since Pgh is such a high profile team means they always have lots of $ being in play in their games. The SD game a few years ago when they called back the Polamalu TD at the end of the game, that would have had Pgh cover the spread was beyond bull sh-t. No one can convince me the fix wasn't in on that one. There was no logical reason to call that TD back, and it was a $9 million swing to the bookies JUST in Vegas alone. I don't know how they do it (get to the refs) but they definitely DO IT. I am guess a bowling ball bag in an airport or bus locker could be involved. Even if these refs make well over six figures between their jobs, they could easily be swayed by $25-$50 k to make lopsided calls. $25k is nothing compared to what the bookies, mob, Vegas make out of it. NOTHING.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Victorian is playing the line should be Bengals -14.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If Victorian is playing the line should be Bengals -14.
    Or Curtis Brown for that matter. Or Knight. Uhg.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Or Curtis Brown for that matter. Or Knight. Uhg.
    Knight? I say "nee" to that one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.