Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opponent Coach Said it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Opponent Coach Said it...

"We would not have beat the Steelers if Ike Taylor was playing".

-Norv Turner

Backup

User Info Menu

probably true,but that was a sad effort all around

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mix that with Ben coming off an injury and it was a recipe for disaster
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

O, so thats why we got crushed at home..
    Thanks Norv, that explains everything....
    Can you tell us why we lost to the Raiders,Titans and Browns earlier in the year?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Norv said it... it must be true.

Legend

User Info Menu

It doesn't make it true, but it is an opinion from someone closely involved in the NFL and in particular that game. Regardless of what fans think, the coaches in the NFL do know a thing or two about playing football, and in particular, playing football in the NFL. Just sayin...

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It doesn't make it true, but it is an opinion from someone closely involved in the NFL and in particular that game. Regardless of what fans think, the coaches in the NFL do know a thing or two about playing football, and in particular, playing football in the NFL. Just sayin...

Pappy
    Now that's just crazy talk

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    I get that... and while we are a better team with Ike on D we still lost to Oak, Tenn, Clev, Denver, and struggled to beat KC.

I could see if Ike was an INT machine but it's just fluff to make us feel better about a loss.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I get that... and while we are a better team with Ike on D we still lost to Oak, Tenn, Clev, Denver, and struggled to beat KC.

I could see if Ike was an INT machine but it's just fluff to make us feel better about a loss.
    1) Why would Norv Turner want to make us feel better about a loss?

2) It wasn't Ike that cost us the games you mention...it was turnovers on offense and special teams....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is there a link for this quote?

I have never in my life heard a coach ever say this. Why would a coach admit his team couldn't win a game based on a single player? It is an omission that your team isn't good enough to overcome one player let alone a whole team. If this is true Norv Turner should be fired on that alone.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash