Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steelers fans on the road....some are a disgrace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    I didn't say no Steeler fans travel, I know a ton of Charger fans that travel too. Just because you say you handle your alcohol well really means nothing. Rude behavior can easily be blamed on society today, but as I said before, it's not a "Steeler problem". It's a world wide issue because people lack self responsibility and society is rude.
    absolutely, you should see what all happens at international soccer games...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Good call on soccer Hawaiian. Soccer fan fights are the best. They're like mini wars.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I didn't say no Steeler fans travel, I know a ton of Charger fans that travel too. Just because you say you handle your alcohol well really means nothing. Rude behavior can easily be blamed on society today, but as I said before, it's not a "Steeler problem". It's a world wide issue because people lack self responsibility and society is rude.
    It _IS_ a Steeler fan problem; they tend to be more rude than the average fan base. Not the worse - I'd give that vote to Philly fan - but they are worse than the average fan base. I have witnessed this with my own eyes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer fans have been crazy since the 60s. Here's a historic look. As soon as Obama Europeanizes the US culture, this kind of violence will be sure to follow. They actually have cops, weapons, riot gear, etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First of all the whole myth of Steeler fans traveling so well is BS...they already live there. It's not that we travel to take over other cities, tyhe Steelers with their 6 Super Bowls makes them a huge bandwagon team, couple that with the fact that many people left western PA in the 70's and relocated all across the US, means that every NFL city already has thousands of Steeler fans already living there. Again this isn't a Steeler problem, it's an alcohol problem. When people get drunk they do stupid stuff, if they are wearing a Steeler jersey or a Raider jersey it makes no difference.
    Yep. No way it's all TRAVELING fans in this economy. The Steelers fans are ALREADY there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Yep. No way it's all TRAVELING fans in this economy. The Steelers fans are ALREADY there.
    Everywhere I go, I meet Steelers fans. The first time I left PA, I was 20 and went to LA. One of the first people I ran into was a bellman at a hotel. He was from Mexico, spoke broken English, but the guy lit up when he saw my Steelers shirt and was going on an on about Mean Joe being his favorite player. I don't know half of what he said, but we shared a bond.

Everywhere I've ever gone since, people always comment on my Steelers garb. A lot of people have left PA. But there are also a lot of people that grew up seeing the Steelers weekly or in SuperBowls when they were kids and they're fans as a result too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It _IS_ a Steeler fan problem; they tend to be more rude than the average fan base. Not the worse - I'd give that vote to Philly fan - but they are worse than the average fan base. I have witnessed this with my own eyes.
    Did you ever think that you probably witness more Steeler fans than any other NFL fan being you go to stuff where Steeler fans are? Would that make your personal test on "which NFL fans are the rudest" sort of slanted because you have a larger sampling of drunk Steeler fans in it?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm a huge soccer fan and I'm not a hooligan. And if you disagree, me and my 10 buddies all wearing the same jersey and carrying bats will beat you....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm a huge soccer fan and I'm not a hooligan. And if you disagree, me and my 10 buddies all wearing the same jersey and carrying bats will beat you....

a couple of years ago there was a soccer game between England and Italy and their fans were shooting roman candles across the field at each other...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Not sure I've ever seen a soccer fight with just 10.