Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Gruden Insights...Smart Guy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    People think Gruden is this great offensive mind who can develop a QB for you on the basis of watching those pre-draft shows of him watching tape with new incoming rookie QB's. But as a coach, he never developed a single young QB worth a crap. His only success was with veteran retread QB's.
    And guess what we have? A veteran QB. So it looks like a perfect fit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Good coaches don't consistently loose to such bad teams. They just don't. This one does. Something is wrong. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
    Again your perceptions are wrong. Educate yourself on the Steelers record: since Tomlin's arrival the Steelers have won 4 out of 5 games against teams with losing records. Please stop trying to rewrite history

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Again your perceptions are wrong. Educate yourself on the Steelers record: since Tomlin's arrival the Steelers have won 4 out of 5 games against teams with losing records. Please stop trying to rewrite history

Why let the facts get in the way of an irrational belief ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys need to hit in practice to get tough and game ready. It's not happening any more in the NFL or college. This may end up causing more injuries in the long run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Guys need to hit in practice to get tough and game ready. It's not happening any more in the NFL or college. This may end up causing more injuries in the long run.
    Essentially I think that was the point Gruden was trying to make.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't believe it has anything to do with being tough or game ready. Players are always going to suffer injuries playing football. I believe bigger, stronger, and faster players is probably the biggest reason why players suffer many injuries. The human body has a difficult time keeping up with the size and speed of today's players and PED's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe it has anything to do with being tough or game ready. Players are always going to suffer injuries playing football. I believe bigger, stronger, and faster players is probably the biggest reason why players suffer many injuries. The human body has a difficult time keeping up with the size and speed of today's players and PED's.
    I think PED's are part of it. I think the use of food raised by Monsanto genetically modified seeds as well as eating animals raised on antibiotics and testosterone do have big impacts on the size of current humans not to mention part of their mental makeup.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-22-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The Steelers just don't even know what they are. They try to power rush, and it fails. They do all these bubble screens with mixed success, often with not too much. Gruden should be the coach in Pgh next year.
    They were actually looking quite efficient until Ben went down. Until he went down, he was having what could be considered a career year for him. He went down, missed three games, and the last two (games) he has shown some rust.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    People think Gruden is this great offensive mind who can develop a QB for you on the basis of watching those pre-draft shows of him watching tape with new incoming rookie QB's. But as a coach, he never developed a single young QB worth a crap. His only success was with veteran retread QB's.
    Exactly.
    I think Gruden is a good coach, but he is vastly overrated IMO. He had everything in Tampa... and the ship sunk. TBH, I think his TV persona, is his normal demeanor. Problem is that it has a degree of un genuineness. I think people pick up on that.