Jon Gruden Insights...Smart Guy
Heard Gruden on the radio today. Very interesting thought he had on why we are seeing so many injuries especially to OL. Bottoline Line Up Front: He thinks Power football is dying and will be gone soon. Two reasons he cited:
1. The talent pool in college are mostly playing spread football on offense and the players aren't being developed to play a power style of football. Therefore they can't do it in the NFL.
2. The new CBA prohibits contact in practice therefore teams can't practice a power style of football which results in more linemen getting hurt in games, poor tackling, etc.
Very interesting insights. He thinks the spread will become more and more the norm in the NFL and what we have seen in the past with power running games is becoming a thing of the past.
Last edited by Oviedo; 12-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.
- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State