Thread: AB's positioning on the punt return

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB's positioning on the punt return

I feel like part of the blame for Brown being in the wrong spot for the punt return falls on the coaching staff. I mean, sure the guy is a pro and should have been in the right spot. But you can't tell me that with all the people we have standing on the sideline you can't have one guy standing there with a laminated chart showing where the punt returner should be standing based on the line of scrimmage for the punt. The consequences of a punt hitting the ground when it shouldn't can be twenty or twenty-five yards of field position. And if you don't need a chart (which does seem like overkill) somebody on the coaching staff should have noticed that he was too deep.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

after losing that fumble I think BROWN's head went into a frenzy. He did that and then he went out of bounds to stop the clock after catching a pass.

Dude was out of his mind. Not the coaches fault at all.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

totally on AB.

dude had a meltdown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

While I agree that Brown has some responsibility and that he melted down a little bit after the mistake. And that's partly why I think the coaching staff shoulders some blame. Sometimes it is a coach's job to make sure his players head is in the game.

Part of a coach's (or any manager's) job is to prevent mistakes from happening wherever possible. And it's just not enough to say, well it should just be right. Yes, Brown should go out there and place himself every time (I'm not saying they should be telling him where to initially place himself) but somebody on the sideline should be checking his positioning. Every single player is capable of making a mental error and this is one that is easily preventable.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what our special teams coach does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Again, I blame Wally

But in all seriousness, I'm surprised the coaches put AB back out there and didn't have someone else back there returning this time after the fumble.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's George Bush's fault!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    While I agree that Brown has some responsibility and that he melted down a little bit after the mistake. And that's partly why I think the coaching staff shoulders some blame. Sometimes it is a coach's job to make sure his players head is in the game.

Part of a coach's (or any manager's) job is to prevent mistakes from happening wherever possible. And it's just not enough to say, well it should just be right. Yes, Brown should go out there and place himself every time (I'm not saying they should be telling him where to initially place himself) but somebody on the sideline should be checking his positioning. Every single player is capable of making a mental error and this is one that is easily preventable.
    I'm with you. The coaching staff should have seen where Brown was positioned and moved him. The blame for that is definitely shared.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown pooped the bed multiple times vs Dallas. It happens- young player, still learning, in an important game- sometimes the situation can get to a guy.

Blame anyone you like- but it's on Brown.

Just like Ben fessing up to the bad throw- that was on him.

You know what? Let's blame Ziggy Hood- he hasn't recieved enough blame lately. And through in a dash of Willie Colon while we are at it.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm not sure what our special teams coach does.
    yeah, it's a damn good thing we fired the last guy in the middle of the season and hired this one.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha