Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Steelers offensive line offers insight into the future

Backup

User Info Menu

Hi all new here just thought I would like to get into this particular topic. To tell you the truth I like Beachum (sp) at tackle better than Adams. I have been watching him specifically during the course of these last games he has started, he has some good feet, he keeps them moving as to keep himself between Ben and defense. In the time he has played he has done a better job the Adams. Adams is like a revolving door, he plants his feet and cannot get them started again. So when a player moves up field on him he has rooted himself to the ground and the player runs around him. For a 7 round pick Beach has been playing really well, over the off season he needs to put on some upper body strength, but his legs and gluteus max are good size. Anyway, just thought I would put in my thoughts. Again Hello

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Adams or Gilbert at LT = Ben Injured and missing games. Neither has shown even a glimpse of being able to play the hardest position in the NFL. The team would be delusional going forward with one of them at LT.
    May not have a choice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Adams or Gilbert at LT = Ben Injured and missing games. Neither has shown even a glimpse of being able to play the hardest position in the NFL. The team would be delusional going forward with one of them at LT.
    I see your point and raise you, jonathan scott.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I see your point and raise you, jonathan scott.
    Exactly. That is the level they are at right now. They may become very good but they aren't now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Agreed, he had a good rookie year. I think he loses focus too easy and I don't think he worked very hard in the off-season. I am hoping for an above average O-line coaching hire.
    Well, we got our last o-line coach from the Bills...why not the next one?

Since Chan Gailey will most likely be canned, why not Aliquippa native Joe D'Alessandris, who worked with Haley at KC in 2009?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well, we got our last o-line coach from the Bills...why not the next one?

Since Chan Gailey will most likely be canned, why not Aliquippa native Joe D'Alessandris, who worked with Haley at KC in 2009?
    Hell, he developed Urbik when we couldn't. Why not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Hi all new here just thought I would like to get into this particular topic. To tell you the truth I like Beachum (sp) at tackle better than Adams. I have been watching him specifically during the course of these last games he has started, he has some good feet, he keeps them moving as to keep himself between Ben and defense. In the time he has played he has done a better job the Adams. Adams is like a revolving door, he plants his feet and cannot get them started again. So when a player moves up field on him he has rooted himself to the ground and the player runs around him. For a 7 round pick Beach has been playing really well, over the off season he needs to put on some upper body strength, but his legs and gluteus max are good size. Anyway, just thought I would put in my thoughts. Again Hello
    very good first post and welcome to the board!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    How bout with replace Haley with Chan? I was always a Chan fan. Look what he did with Kordell. Just imagine what he could do with Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout with replace Haley with Chan? I was always a Chan fan. Look what he did with Kordell. Just imagine what he could do with Ben.

Changing Off Coord every year is a recipe for disaster. Haley hasn't done anything to warrant not being retained. If he leaves to become a head coach that is one thing but he is doing a good job with not even a full year on the job.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Starks is the unsung solid hero of this year's dim offense.
    True story....Sign Starks to a 2 year deal already.