Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current Steelers offensive line offers insight into the future

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Changing Off Coord every year is a recipe for disaster. Haley hasn't done anything to warrant not being retained. If he leaves to become a head coach that is one thing but he is doing a good job with not even a full year on the job.
    Ben was off to a record year and in our early losses we were putting up a decent point total. I think a lot of what Haley's offense is based off of is the run game and our OL being decimated, not to mention our unreliable RB's, plus Ben being out crushed his chances of success.

You can see Ben and Haley aren't mixing on the sideline. With the crappy skill player attitudes maybe they are all pissed off and it's showing on the field.

Only scary part about the potential of Haley moving on is Tomlin wanted Kirby Wilson as the OC but one year ago. I would be terrified about him running the offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why bother trying to predict what the line will look like next year when you can't accurately predict what it will look like against the Browns next week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    True story....Sign Starks to a 2 year deal already.
    They might after the season's over (before free agency begins) but they do not negotiate new contracts during the season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.