Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: could Decastro be the best player

Backup

User Info Menu

could Decastro be the best player

On our o line today?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hardly. Pouncey is clearly that player and has proved it over three season. Starks is also grossly underappreciated playing the toughest position on the OL and doing well week in and week out.

Let's see if DeCastro actually does anything today before we reserve his place in the HoF. I do think he will be a key building block to our OL future but we are still another Guard and future LT away from the OL we really need.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Agree. I'm hoping Mike Adams could improve his pass
    Blocking to be our LT next year. Disagree about
    needing another guard unless its for depth. I think
    Foster has done a good job at Guard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Yeah, but Foster's an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Since cutting Colon would create the type of dead money that the team would prefer to avoid (particularly when we are in such dire straits with the cap to begin with), they will likely have to keep Colon at LG next year, use DeCastro at RG next year, let Foster sign elsewhere this offseason (even though we may not like it, we have other more vital guys to try to re-sign), with Beachum as the Trai Essex like utility backup.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

any money spent on colon going forward is a waste.

I would take the cap hit asap and get out of jail with this guy already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't recall STARKS giving up a sack this year. I'm sure he has but I just don't remember him getting beat bad.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I got to watch the 4th Quarter and the O-line, including DeCastro and Pouncey were just God Awful. Like, fire the coach God-Awful.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, on the bright side, we should have the draft position to get a good OL player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hardly. Pouncey is clearly that player and has proved it over three season. Starks is also grossly underappreciated playing the toughest position on the OL and doing well week in and week out.

Let's see if DeCastro actually does anything today before we reserve his place in the HoF. I do think he will be a key building block to our OL future but we are still another Guard and future LT away from the OL we really need.
    Actually Pouncey had two games in a row before today where he played very poorly.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Keep hoping on Adams and his pass protection.
    Trolls are people too.