Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bounty For Turnovers?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,707

    Bounty For Turnovers?

    Would a bounty for Turnovers be legal?

    If you fumble, you put $20k in the pot. If you recover a fumble, get an INT, force a fumble, etc, you get a share of the weekly pot.

    If this won't work, how bout we put incentives in contracts to get turnovers and hold on to the ball?

    There has to be a way to incentivize the outcome we want.

  2. #2
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Would a bounty for Turnovers be legal?

    If you fumble, you put $20k in the pot. If you recover a fumble, get an INT, force a fumble, etc, you get a share of the weekly pot.

    If this won't work, how bout we put incentives in contracts to get turnovers and hold on to the ball?

    There has to be a way to incentivize the outcome we want.
    love the idea!! the team could also fine a player 10,000 for each turnover.. which goes to a charity....

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    love the idea!! the team could also fine a player 10,000 for each turnover.. which goes to a charity....
    That's good too. Maybe the D players that get the turnovers get to pick the charities. Then there's no bounty and it's completely legal.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,483
    The players would be broke with the way their handling the ball this year

  5. #5
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    The players would be broke with the way their handling the ball this year
    There would have been an $80,000 game in total; some charity in Pittsburgh would have been very happy that weekend!

    Pappy


    1.25)
    2.58 )
    3.89)
    4.120)
    7.197)
    7.214)


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    The players would be broke with the way their handling the ball this year
    Young Money Crew would be No Money Crew

  7. #7
    Any money that would go to a player would be a circumvention of the salary cap. Illegal, but not on the same level as the player safety issue that the most recent bounty scandal was. As a matter of fact, the cap circumvention of the Saints situation was pretty much swept under the rug.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Any money that would go to a player would be a circumvention of the salary cap. Illegal, but not on the same level as the player safety issue that the most recent bounty scandal was. As a matter of fact, the cap circumvention of the Saints situation was pretty much swept under the rug.
    I wasn't sure about that, but suspected that might be the case. So let the money go to the charity of the D player's choosing and problem solved.

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    24,625
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Any money that would go to a player would be a circumvention of the salary cap. Illegal, but not on the same level as the player safety issue that the most recent bounty scandal was. As a matter of fact, the cap circumvention of the Saints situation was pretty much swept under the rug.
    Coaches or front office paying players for such things, yeah, that wouldn't be kosher. But if you think about it, players paying other players shouldn't circumvent the salary cap in theory (what goes out of one player's pocket goes into another player's pocket...the team still pays out the same in player salaries either way).


    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,707
    Too make it more fun and fair to the O, you could fine a D player that gives up a TD and have that money go into a pot for O players that score TDs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •