Has the Steelers picking at 17.....

Rnd 1: OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU
    Rnd 2: S Eric Reid LSU
    Rnd 3: WR Ryan Swope Texas A&M

Addresses 3 needs anyway.....

[url]http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I would like those two Bayou Beng...errr...I'll go ahead and call 'em Tigers here...in the first two rounds.

I noticed that Walter projected Shayne Skov to come off the board 4 picks after us in round 3. If that were the case, I would go all defense in the first two days of the draft.

The 3-4 defense revolves around its linebackers, and a future starting LB corps of Mingo-Timmons-Skov-Woodley would be pretty formidable, with Worilds and Spence available to rotate in as well. I'm sure Ryan Clark would be more than happy to take a fellow LSU safety in Eric Reid under his wing and show him what it means to be a Steeler.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would rather take Sam Montgomery (LSU) - Eric Reid (LSU) - Shayne Skov (Stanford) but that's just me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mingo was a top 5 or 10 talent coming into the season. He has been a disappointment. He is not strong against the run (teams often run at him) and has not produced as much pressure as many suspected he would this season. However, he is probably the best athlete of the 3-4 conversion players available (and this is a decent crop if all the underclassmen declare). Mingo is a former safety who is a very fast, quick twitch player. He could end up being a better pro than college player. His best football may be ahead of him as he matures and fills out.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Mingo was a top 5 or 10 talent coming into the season. He has been a disappointment. He is not strong against the run (teams often run at him) and has not produced as much pressure as many suspected he would this season. However, he is probably the best athlete of the 3-4 conversion players available (and this is a decent crop if all the underclassmen declare). Mingo is a former safety who is a very fast, quick twitch player. He could end up being a better pro than college player. His best football may be ahead of him as he matures and fills out.
    Could come down to character and work ethic for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I would rather take Sam Montgomery (LSU) - Eric Reid (LSU) - Shayne Skov (Stanford) but that's just me
    Agree. I think Mingo is way overrated and could be a bust since he will have to learn the OLB position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

if the draft unfolded this way, I would go all defense the first three rounds:

Rnd 1: NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia
    Rnd 3: ILB Shayne Skov Stanford
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Has the Steelers picking at 17.....

Rnd 1: OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU
    Rnd 3: WR Ryan Swope Texas A&M

Addresses 3 needs anyway.....

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php[/URL]
    Not sure about Mingo? I like Reid. Swope...meh...not interesting.

Since they have so many guys from LSU going to Pittsburgh, how bout Tyrann Mathieu later in the draft? I know he hasn't played, but a few years back he might have been the best player at LSU. Ike's getting older. Lewis and Allen can lock down the outside and Mathieu could be a playmaker in the slot.

We picked some guys with questionable character last year. Why not do it again? In reality, he'll end up with the Bengals.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still think we need a dominant NT for this defense to reach it's optimum performance.

Jesse Williams is the guy that can take a game over up front- he's Chadman's #1 pick.

If the Steelers are losing Wallace (seems likely), they'll need to replace him. Da'Rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech is that big-bodied, physical WR that might fit the Todd Haley offense & give Ben his 'new Plex'. That'd be Chadman's Round 2 guy.

FS D.J. Swearinger from South Carolina would be a good target in Round 3. Physical, a bit of a ball hawk...Ryan Clark can't go forever- we'll need younger players in here soon.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if the draft unfolded this way, I would go all defense the first three rounds:

Rnd 1: NT Johnathan Jenkins Georgia
    Rnd 3: ILB Shayne Skov Stanford

Seriously would love that.

I think Jenkins is going to be a monster in the NFL. He reminds me of Richard Seymour (also from Georgia). Whether we stay 3-4 or go 4-3 Jenkins would be successful and a great pick. If anything I think the 3-4 would not allow him to fully exploit his abilities.

Love Reid as a future Safety, but is he a FS or SS since I heard it both ways. Need to see how Skov runs and how he can cover. Saw one game he did great but that is all I have seen of him.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 12-19-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"