Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You May Be Asking Yourself,

Legend

User Info Menu

You May Be Asking Yourself,

"Is there any hope?" The short answer is, Yes! This team still holds all the cards when it comes to the playoffs and that 6th seed. If we win out, we get that 6th seed. No one stands in our way besides ourselves. The bad news is the Steelers like kicking their self in the face.

Can we play 8 quarters of mistake free football? We can, but thats a tall order for a team that has been plagued with injuries and turnovers. After the type of ball we've been playing and to still control our own destiny is nothing short of a miracle.

I think its setting us up for the best season turn around in Super Bowl history. Even better than 2005.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kicking themselves in the face is putting it mildly! You are right, they control their own destiny even after the crapfest of the last month. The big difference between this team and the one from '05 is that in '05 we were coming off a bitter loss at home to Cincinnati and then reeled off 4 straight. This team has lost 4 of 5 and is stumbling to the finish. But they CAN right the ship and get in!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hell, if the Steelers win the next two and the Ravens lose the next two (vs. NY Giants and Cincinnati), the Steelers will win the division!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Hell, if the Steelers win the next two and the Ravens lose the next two (vs. NY Giants and Cincinnati), the Steelers will win the division!!!
    I dont think we can win the division because we'll both be 9-7, both will be 4-2 in the division, but the Ravens have the tie breaker in conference wins.....they'd be 8-4 in conference play and we would be 6-6......right?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think only Cinci has a chance at the division, not us.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I dont think we can win the division because we'll both be 9-7, both will be 4-2 in the division, but the Ravens have the tie breaker in conference wins.....they'd be 8-4 in conference play and we would be 6-6......right?
    If the Steelers win the next two and the Ravens lose the next two, it will create a three-way tie for the division...in such a three-way tie, they look at the best total record in games among the three teams...

In this case, the Steelers would be 3-1, the Ravens 2-2 and the Bengals 1-3...

Rookie

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures[/URL]

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"You may be asking yourself - how did I get here?
    You may ask yourself - how do I work this?
    You may ask yourself - where is that large automobile?"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Kicking themselves in the face is putting it mildly! You are right, they control their own destiny even after the crapfest of the last month. The big difference between this team and the one from '05 is that in '05 we were coming off a bitter loss at home to Cincinnati and then reeled off 4 straight. This team has lost 4 of 5 and is stumbling to the finish. But they CAN right the ship and get in!
    This season reminds me of the 2009 season all over again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    "You may be asking yourself - how did I get here?
    You may ask yourself - how do I work this?
    You may ask yourself - where is that large automobile?"

You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house
    You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful wife