Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez: New backup QB?

Backup

User Info Menu

Question Mark Sanchez: New backup QB?

It appears that Mark Sanchez is done with the Jets, and though he probably doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, I'm sure he can play well for a couple of games at a time if needed. He's pretty durable, from what I can tell, and besides, if Todd Haley could help resurrect Kurt Warner's career and make Matt Cassel look good, then I'm sure he can make Sanchez look at least adequate. Do you think the Steelers should give him a look as a backup QB?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. I would be in favor of bringing Hoyer back to compete for that back up role.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

We have enough people giving the ball away already don't we?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    No. I would be in favor of bringing Hoyer back to compete for that back up role.
    Yes, I would also like to see Hoyer come back and maybe grab a developmental QB in Rounds 5-7.

Sanchez just needs to get out of New York. I think he could be a serviceable QB ala Alex Smith on a new team. However, no one is going to trade for him with the ridiculous contract the Jets jsut gave him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's got athletic ability, but I see him having that "west coast" surfer mentality and is on cloud 9 half the time.

His biggest problem is inaccuracy and I don't know if that can be fixed.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    He's got athletic ability, but I see him having that "west coast" surfer mentality and is on cloud 9 half the time.
    Ah, Matt Leinart Syndrome.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    It appears that Mark Sanchez is done with the Jets, and though he probably doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, I'm sure he can play well for a couple of games at a time if needed. He's pretty durable, from what I can tell, and besides, if Todd Haley could help resurrect Kurt Warner's career and make Matt Cassel look good, then I'm sure he can make Sanchez look at least adequate. Do you think the Steelers should give him a look as a backup QB?
    U R insane? Why would you add a QB with zero upside, ON PURPOSE? Well, I guess that is what they did with Batch and Lefty but why not look for a QB who could develop and has some POTENTIAL upside?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanchez SUCKS... hell no.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

His biggest problem is inaccuracy and I don't know if that can be fixed.
    Yea, and he is immature and mentally weak. No thanks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    We have enough people giving the ball away already don't we?
    +1