Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree on legursky.

he adds little or nothing to the OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yep. Although I remember the Steelers having a glut of LB'ers at the time. Or maybe I have poor memory.
    I think he was behind Gildon and Porter when he left. Plus we might not have ever needed Harrison, so it worked out ok. But Vrabel still was a really good player that we never gave a chance. Reminds you that sometimes guys get a little lucky based on where they end up. I think there's a lot of good guys on bad teams that would be better than some great players on good teams if given the chance.

There's a lot of luck in getting to the right situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, no team is perfect.

But it is OK to say your team screwed up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still remember someone on this site posted that Urbik was not a practice player but did great in games. I think that has proven to be true. The Bills had a lot of injuries and stuck Urbik in a game. He has played well since. I think he even played a lot at center one year.

I thought we gave up too early on him but hey, everybody makes mistakes, even the Steeler heirarchy. I'll take the Steelers track record on personnel decisions and match them up against any other team.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I agree on legursky.

he adds little or nothing to the OL.
    I disagree. He is a very decent backup center who would start on many teams in this league.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I still remember someone on this site posted that Urbik was not a practice player but did great in games. I think that has proven to be true. The Bills had a lot of injuries and stuck Urbik in a game. He has played well since. I think he even played a lot at center one year.

I thought we gave up too early on him but hey, everybody makes mistakes, even the Steeler heirarchy. I'll take the Steelers track record on personnel decisions and match them up against any other team.

I remember that too that he was a better game time player than practice time player. Oh well, the past is the past and they need to deal with what they have. I still can't believe Cowher kept Okobi on his teams for so long. You never know what impresses a coach or what irks a coach about a player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not up on the strength of the center position around the league, but to me legursky looks like a marginal NFL player, regardless of position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Remember watching Urbik beaten in the one-on-one drills at the combine with regularity. He performed badly in the drills. Nothing Chadman saw of Urbik as a Steeler changed that view.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=ikestops85;539127]I disagree. He is a very decent backup center who would start on many teams in this league.[/QUOTEn

I agree.. Legs is good at Center... but horrible at any other position. I didnt notice a drop off when Legs replaced Pouncey.. not saying he is as good as Pouncey but he wasnt a liability.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    IF Spiller were on this team, he'd be running and gaining all those yards and TD's just like he does for the Bills. We need a big time RB, and let's face it, the guys we have now are just avg.
    Agree pfelix...been saying the same for a while. I know some are stoked on Mendenhall if the line improves, but I still think he is a middle tier RB that is easily replaced. maybe I am spoiled from watching so many games with Bettis bowling over defenders, but I sure do miss those days. Not a single back on the roster has a knack for making the first guy miss or breaking a tackle, that is the biggest problem I see. always brought down by the first guy across the line....